|Traded as||Euronext: TEP|
CAC Next 20 Component
|Industry||Business Process Outsourcing|
|Daniel Julien (Executive Chairman of the Board and Group Chief Executive Officer)|
|Services||Technical support, customer care, sales, offshore, research, ARM, consulting.|
|Revenue||$5.3 billion (2018)|
Number of employees
Teleperformance SE is an omnichannel company headquartered in France. The company specializes in outsourced omnichannel customer experience management, also known as Business Process Outsourcing (BPO). The company provides customer acquisition, customer care, technical support, debt collection, social media, and other services around the world. Teleperformance has 300,000 employees across 400 contact centers in 80 countries and serves over 170 markets.
- 1 Key figures
- 2 Governance
- 3 History
- 4 Certifications
- 5 Awards and recognition
- 6 Corporate culture
- 7 Social responsibility
- 8 Technology
- 9 Labor dispute and settlement
- 10 References
- 11 External links
In October 2017, after the resignation of Paulo César Salles Vasques, Daniel Julien, who remains executive Chairman of the Board, was also appointed by the Board of Directors as Group Chief Executive Officer.
Daniel Julien created Teleperformance in Paris in June 1978. In 1986, Teleperformance established its first international subsidiaries in Belgium and Italy. Two years later, Teleperformance launched subsidiaries in other European markets: Spain, Germany, Sweden and the United Kingdom. In 1989, Daniel Julien and Jacques Berrebi joined forces at the head of Rochefortaise Communication, the parent company of Teleperformance International listed on the Paris Stock Exchange. Ten years later, Rochefortaise Communication and Teleperformance International merged to form SR. Teleperformance. This company became Teleperformance in 2006.
In 1993, Teleperformance USA was established, beginning its contact center operations in the United States. In 1996, Asia-Pacific contact centers were developed, with operations set up in the Philippines and Singapore. The Group was significantly expanded in Europe through numerous acquisitions and company start-ups in Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Greece, Spain, the Netherlands and Finland.
In 2003, Teleperformance became the world's second largest contact center outsourcer in terms of revenue. The company offered offshore centers and automated services to companies faced with cost pressures. Teleperformance launched business transformation solutions aimed at in-house contact centers.
In 2004, the Group continued to expand by moving into Eastern Europe: Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia, and two years later, Russia.
In 2005, Teleperformance's revenues exceeded 1 billion EUR for the first time. In 2006, they acquired Teleperformance Russia.
In 2006 Teleperformance USA purchased AOL's 400-employee call center in Ogden, Utah. This purchase was the 23rd call center which the company purchased until this time.
In 2007, Teleperformance acquired 100% interest in Twenty4help, the European technical support leader; AllianceOne, a leading US accounts receivable management company; and Hispanic Teleservices, a contact center service provider with operations based in Mexico. In parallel, Teleperformance acquired the company TPH Services Telecoms, and several SFR sites.
In 2008, the group's operations and strategy were centralized for management under the responsibility of Daniel Julien and Jacques Berrebi. Teleperformance acquired The Answer Group.
In 2010, Teleperformance acquired Scottish outsourcing call center 'beCogent' for £35 million.
In 2012, Jacques Berrebi, Co-founder with Daniel Julien of Teleperformance Group, retired at the age of 70. That year, Teleperformance opened 5 multilingual, multi-cultural hubs to serve Europe and other markets. By 2013 Teleperformance had six contact centers in Tunisia. In 2013, Teleperformance acquired full control of TLS Contact. Paulo César Salles Vasques was announced as the new Chief Executive Officer of the Group and Daniel Julien remained as the Chairman of the Board.
In 2014, Teleperformance acquired Aegis USA Inc., a major outsourcing and technology company in the United States, the Philippines and Costa Rica. The transaction was approved by regulatory authorities.
From 2014 to 2016, Teleperformance created and/or opened fifteen new centers worldwide. These included centers in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Indonesia, China, the Philippines, Guyana, Portugal, Colombia, Surinam, Dubai, Albania, Egypt, Australia and Lithuania.
In March 2015 the company announced the opening of a new offshore facility in Paramaribo, Surinam. The multichannel contact center offers support to Benelux clients in Dutch.
In May 2016 Teleperformance announced the opening of a contact center in Australia. The center has 300 workstations and is located in Burwood, Victoria, about 16 kilometers outside of Melbourne.
The company announced in July 2016 its plans to expand to Bristol, Tennessee in the United States, creating 500 jobs within the coming five years.
In August 2016 Teleperformance purchased California-based LanguageLine Solutions LLC for $1.52 billion from a US-based private equity firm, Abry Partners.
In October 2017, after Paulo César Salles Vasques resignation, Daniel Julien, who remains executive Chairman of the Board, has also been appointed by the Board of Directors as Group Chief Executive Officer.
In 2018, Teleperformance received Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs) approval for both Controller and Processor from the French Data Protection Authority, CNIL, making Teleperformance the first company in the industry to attain this critical data protection compliance status in the European Union.
2018 - onwards
Teleperformance was recognized by the 2015 Aon Hewitt Best Employers Program. The company achieved certification in ten countries around the world, including China, India, Portugal, Albania, Slovakia, Ukraine, Switzerland, Chile, Egypt and Lebanon.
On April 14, 2016 Teleperformance earned the Enterprise-Wide Certification by Verego. All of Teleperformance's global sites met the requirements of the Verego Social Responsibility Standard (Verego SRS) for full certification in Leadership, Ethics, People, Community, & Environment.
Awards and recognition
The company was honored with the 2015 Frost & Sullivan Award for Competitive Strategy Innovation and Leadership in Europe.
Teleperformance was among the 50 companies with the largest market capitalization recognized by Forbes as Western Europe's most trustworthy companies.
The company was ranked fourth among India's “Best Workplaces”.
Teleperformance was recognized by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of 25 of the Best Companies to work for in Latin America.
NelsonHall's Evaluation & Assessment Tool (NEAT) recognized Teleperformance as a Leader in the overall retail banking market segment.
Teleperformance was recognized as Top 100 Global Outsourcing All Star Service Provider by IAOP.
Everest Group named Teleperformance a Top 5 provider on the BPS Top 50.
Frost & Sullivan recognized Teleperformance as the recipient of the 2017 North American Company of the Year Award in contact center outsourcing.
Teleperformance has been awarded the prestigious global HPE-IAPP Privacy Innovation Award in the Privacy Operations category.
Teleperformance in El Salvador, China, Albania, and India were recognized as Aon Best Employer.
Great Place to Work Institute certified Teleperformance in El Salvador and Dominican Republic as a Great Place to Work®. Teleperformance in Mexico was recognized as one of the top 25 best companies to work for in the country, while Teleperformance in Portugal was named Best Workplace.
Teleperformance received three prestigious Contact Center Outsourcing Company of the Year Awards from Frost & Sullivan, recognizing its entire regional operations in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America.
Teleperformance received the 2018 Global Impact Sourcing Award for “Impact Sourcing in a Large Organization”, presented by IAOP in partnership with the Rockefeller Foundation.
For the sixth consecutive year, Teleperformance was recognized as a Global Leader in the Everest Group Contact Center Outsourcing (CCO) - Service Provider Landscape with PEAK Matrix™ Assessment.
Teleperformance ranked among the best outsourced services providers at the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) Global Outsourcing 100 (R) awards for the fifth year in a row.
Teleperformance received the enterprise-wide Social Responsibility Standard (SRS) Certification Award from Verego for the fifth consecutive year.
The For Fun Festival is one of several projects resulting from CEO Vasques’ monthly meetings with a group of 500 employees called “Chat with the President.” FFF is a type of talent show in which employees of Teleperformance can show-off their more artistic abilities. Since it was first introduced, the FFF turned into a global festival which met in the Philippines in 2010 and in Brazil in 2011.
As of 2018, the Citizen of the World initiatives of Teleperformance all over the world led to USD 40,101,087 in total donations to help underprivileged people or victims of natural disasters.
In Lisbon, Portugal, in July 2016, Teleperformance held an event to promote and support young Portuguese athletes.
Teleperformance Philippines, in partnership with its CSR arm, the Citizen of the World Foundation, (COTW), helped to relocate victims of the 2009 Ondoy typhoon flood, establishing the Teleperformance Gawad Kalinga Village in 2010. By August 2013 the new neighborhood had 50 homes and a SIBOL Day Care Center, an IT Learning Center, and more. The 3rd Anniversary of the relocation took place on August 17, and was led by Teleperformance Asia Pacific President David Rizzo, and others. By December 2014 the company completed the construction of new homes for 100 displaced families in the village in Tanay, Rizal.
At the end of 2015 Teleperformance USA partnered with Delete Blood Cancer DKMS offering bone marrow donor registration to employees. As a result, close to 1,400 employees joined the national bone marrow registry.
On November 24, 2014 Teleperformance, together with Feed the Children, distributed enough food and other necessities to assist 400 needy families in the Fairborn, Ohio area.
In 2016 the company developed the e-Performance Hub, a technology that allows the company to better meet the demands of its omnichannel strategy.
Teleperformance was awarded a US patent on May 5, 2015, for “securely and efficiently processing telephone orders” through a new technology called ESP™. ESP™ accelerates the entry speed of confidential consumer data, while simultaneously securing the information capture process.
In February 2015 Teleperformance announced the opening of the first virtual contact center in the Middle East and Africa. Located in Dubai's Internet City, the facility will be a virtual contact center connecting UAE-based regional and other international clients with Teleperformance Egypt's contact center in Cairo.
Teleperformance was a commercial partner in the “Sensei Project” which was developed in 2016 to predict the outcome of the “Brexit” vote in the UK using data-mining of social media chatter.
Labor dispute and settlement
In 2008 a class action lawsuit was filed against Salt Lake City-based Teleperformance USA seeking unpaid wages for employees, alleging a violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act. On May 19, 2010, a settlement was reached for approximately $2 million to be paid to 15,862 workers in 10 US states.
- "The end of the line: Call centres have created millions of good jobs in the emerging world. Technology threatens to take those jobs away Shrini works for TPagain". The Economist. 6 February 2016. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "16 best technology companies to work for in India". The Times of India. 5 July 2016. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Teleperformance SE Number of Employees". Macroaxis. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- MJ (29 March 2012). "La France championne du monde". l'express emploi. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "Teleperformance: 2015 Annual Results". Businesswire. 24 February 2016. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "Teleperformance: 2018 Annual Results".
- "Who We Are". Teleperformance. Archived from the original on 19 November 2016. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE". 13 October 2017.
- Cohen, M.L. (1 January 2006). "SR Teleperformance S.A". Encyclopedia.com. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Company Overview of Teleperformance Argentina SA". Bloomberg. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Teleperformance é uma das melhores empresas para trabalhar da América Latina pelo instituto Great Place to Work". Terra:. 27 June 2016. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- Gaona, Norberto (18 June 2014). "Teleperformance Opens 17th Center in Mexico, with $6 Million Puebla Investment". Nearshores Americas. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "TELEPERFORMANCE pénalisé par le départ de son P-DG". Sicavonline. 2 May 2008. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- Fabreguettes-Leib, Jérôme (25 November 2005). "Les fondateurs vont s'alléger". Les Échos. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- Buffardi, Michelle (23 October 2006). "Teleperformance USA Buys AOL Call Center". EE Times. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "French Call Center Giant Acquires Debt Collector AllianceOne". Inside Arm. 1 August 2007. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- Dow Jones Newswire (13 May 2014). "Teleperformance maintient ses objectifs après une croissance organique de 9,1% au 1er trimestre". Les Echos. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "TELEPERFORMANCE ACQUIRES THE ANSWER GROUP". Chief Marketer. 24 December 2008. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "TELEPERFORMANCE : Jacques Berrebi organizes his retirement". Market Wired. 30 November 2007. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- Barnard, Patrick (1 January 2008). "Teleperformance Chairman to retire". Customer Interaction Solutions. Archived from the original on 8 October 2016. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "BeCogent call centre firm sold to Teleperformance". BBC. 18 August 2010. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "eleperformance : Jacques Berrebi présente TP". YouTube.com. 1 February 2012. Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- "Teleperformance Launches a New Era for Customer Experience Management". BusinessWire. 3 October 2012. Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- "TELEPERFORMANCE ACQUIERT 100% DE SA FILIALE TLSCONTACT". Capital. 29 January 2013. Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- "Teleperformance nomme Paulo César Salles Vasques directeur général". Les Echos. 31 May 2013. Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- Robert, Martine (10 July 2014). "Teleperformance mise 610 millions sur les Etats-Unis". Les Echos. Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- "Teleperformance vise une nouvelle année de croissance en 2014". Les Echos. 7 September 2016. Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- Hidalgo, Jason (1 September 2015). "Teleperformance USA to open Reno center, hiring more than 500". Reno Gazette-Journal. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Vauxhall Pan-European Contact Centre Goes Live". Contact Centers. 11 March 2016. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- Gamboa, Carla (2 July 2015). "Teleperformance Opens 16th Contact Center with at Least 1,500 BPO Job Openings". The Philippine Pride. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Workers needed for new Camp Street call centre". Stabroek News. 23 February 2015. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- Frayer, Lauren (8 July 2013). "Call Centers Call On Multilingual Portuguese". NPR. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Publirreportaje: Teleperformance, la alternativa para mejorar su nivel de inglés mientras trabaja". El Heraldo. 15 May 2016. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- Ammachchi, Narayan (26 May 2015). "Teleperformance to Offer Dutch-Language Customer Care from Suriname". Nearshore Americas. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Hire staff, lease Dubai call centre, but pay Cairo salaries, rent". Emirates 24/7 News. 7 February 2015. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- Vasili, Eni (14 May 2013). "I call center italiani? Ormai sono in Albania". Panorama. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Huawei Consumer Group selects Egypt as Middle East hub". Gulf News Journal. 6 May 2016. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Teleperformance opens 300 workstation contact center in Australia". Reuters. 26 May 2016. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- Martin, Rachel (15 October 2015). "Call Centre firm Teleperformance creating 800 jobs in Co Fermanangh: Biggest jobs announcement outside Belfast in 12 years". Belfasttelegraph.co.uk. Belfast Telegraph. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
This week, France's Teleperformance also announced it will open a contact centre in Lithuania creating over 2,000 jobs.
- "Teleperformance : Announces Expansion of Global Footprint to Paramaribo, Surinam". 4-Traders. 24 March 2015. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- Cusi, Veronica Silva (26 May 2016). "Teleperformance Expands Global Footprint to Australia". Contact Center World. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Teleperformance to expand in Bristol, TN; Creating 500 jobs within 5 years". News Channel 11. 27 July 2016. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- Ricadela, Aaron (22 August 2016). "Teleperformance of France Buying LanguageLine for $1.52 Billion". Bloomberg Technology. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "EU Login".
- "France's Teleperformance agrees to buy Intelenet from Blackstone". Reuters. Retrieved 2018-06-14.
- "Teleperformance completes $ 1 billion Intelenet acquisition". The Economic Times. 5 October 2018. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- "Teleperformance : Résultats annuels 2015". ABC Bourse. 24 February 2016. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- Mari, Angelica (11 August 2015). "Google tops list of best IT workplaces in Brazil". ZDNet. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- "10 Best Companies to Work for in India this Year". Economic Times. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- "Teleperformance Recognized as 2016 Best Workplace in Latin America by Great Place to Work®". Finance Yahoo. 2 August 2016. Archived from the original on 27 September 2016. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- "Frost & Sullivan Applauds Teleperformance's Ability to Serve a Multichannel Contact Centre Outsourcing Market across the Complex European Region". Frost & Sullivan. 30 March 2015. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- "Forbes Launches Western Europe's Most Trustworthy Companies List". Forbes. 22 April 2016. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- Singh, Shelley (4 July 2016). "India's best workplaces of 2016: Teleperformance India employs cutting-edge thinking to check attrition". The Economic Times. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- "Teleperformance Named a Leader for Retail Banking Customer Management Services by NelsonHall NEAT". Business Wire. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Teleperformance Recognized as Top 100 Global Outsourcing All Star Service Provider by IAOP". Business Wire. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "The Everest Group BPS Top 50" (PDF). Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Frost & Sullivan Recognizes Best-In-Class Companies with Prestigious Awards at Its Annual Growth, Innovation & Leadership Awards Gala". Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Teleperformance wins coveted HPE-IAPP Privacy Innovation Award for the Privacy Operations category" (PDF). Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Teleperformance in India Recognized as a 2017 Global Aon Best Employer". NewsVoir. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Great Place to Work". Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Great Place to Work". Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Great Place to Work". Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Teleperformance Wins Frost & Sullivan Company of the Year Awards for Asia Pacific, Europe and North America Regions". Business Wire. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Best Places to Work Program: Teleperformance Albania Recognized as the Best Place to Work in Albania for 2018". Business Wire. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Teleperformance and Vermeg Tunisia Certified as Best Places to Work in Tunisia for 2018". Business Wire. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "2018 Global Impact Sourcing Award Winners". IAOP. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Everest Group Distinguishes Teleperformance as a Leader and Star Performer in the Contact Center Outsourcing Assessment".
- "The 2018 Global Outsourcing 100".
- "Teleperformance Once Again Awarded Full Wide Social Responsibility Standard Certification from Verego".
- "O exportador de boas ideias". ISTOE Dinheiro. 2 September 2011. Archived from the original on 16 September 2016. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
Foi dessas conversas que surgiu o For Fun Festival, uma espécie de show de calouros no qual os funcionários da Teleperfomance mostram suas habilidades artísticas.
- "2018 Highlights" (PDF).
- Pereira, Carlos (14 July 2016). "Teleperformance lança programa de apoio a jovens talentos". MultiDesportos. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- Cajulis, Tito (30 September 2013). "Teleperformance: Building Homes, Building Lasting Friendships". Gawad Kalinga. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- "Teleperformance completes construction of 100 homes at Gawad Kalinga Village in Rizal". IBPAP. 4 December 2014. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- "Nearly 1,400 Teleperformance U.S.A. Employees Register as Bone Marrow Donors". Market Wired. 21 December 2015. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- "TELEPERFORMANCE AND FEED THE CHILDREN TAKE A STAND AGAINST HUNGER IN FAIRBORN". Feed the Children. 18 November 2014. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- Brinsmead, Aphrodite (16 May 2016). "Teleperformance addresses the omnichannel challenge with data insights and strategy advice". Ovum. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- "Teleperformance Announces Approval of New Patent by United States Patent and Trademark Office". BusinessWire. 7 May 2015. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- "Teleperformance Announces Approval of a New Patent". WN. 7 May 2015. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- "Teleperformance brings leading technology to launch first-ever Middle East virtual contact centre". Zawya. 4 February 2015. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- Thomas, Chris (10 September 2008). "Only on 12: Teleperformance facing class action lawsuit". WRDW12:. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Wage and Hour Class Action Lawsuit Against Teleperformance". Newsvine. 11 January 2009. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Salt Lake City-based Teleperformance USA pays almost $2 million in back overtime wages following US Department of Labor investigation". US Dept of Labor. 19 May 2010. Retrieved 31 August 2016.