Telephone and Data Systems
|Traded as||NYSE: TDS|
S&P 400 Component
|Headquarters||30 North LaSalle|
Chicago, Illinois, USA
|LeRoy T. Carlson, Jr., President & CEO|
|Products||Local wireline and wireless telecommunication services, Internet services|
|Revenue||$5.104 billion USD (2016)|
Number of employees
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. is a Chicago-based telecommunications service company providing wireless products and services; cable and wireline broadband, TV and voice services; and hosted and managed services to approximately 6 million customers nationwide.  through its business units TDS Telecom and U.S. Cellular (NYSE: USM) and OneNeck IT Solutions.
The company began as a rural phone company in Wisconsin in 1969. In 1983 it founded U.S. Cellular as a subsidiary. In 2001, it acquired Straus Printing Company and combined it with a previously-acquired printing company, Suttle Press, to form Suttle-Straus as another subsidiary.
LeRoy T. Carlson, the founder of TDS, died in May 2016 at the age of 100.
- "TDS Income Statement - Telephone and Data Systems, Inc Stock - Yahoo Finance". finance.yahoo.com.
- "TDS Profile - Telephone and Data Systems, Inc Stock - Yahoo Finance". finance.yahoo.com.
- "TDS Reports Fourth Quarter Results" (Press release). Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. 24 August 2012.
- "Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. - About Us - History". www.tdsinc.com.
- Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. website
- U.S. Cellular website
- TDS Telecom website
- Suttle-Straus website