Telephone numbers in Saint Helena and Tristan da Cunha
|Country||Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha|
|Country calling code||+290|
|International call prefix||00|
In the island of Saint Helena and the archipelago of Tristan da Cunha, telecommunications are administered by Sure Saint Helena. There is a fixed five-digit number plan, and the country calling code is +290.
2013 change to numbering plan
From 1 October 2013, all existing 4-digit telephone numbers on St Helena were to be prefixed by a '2' to move from a 4-digit to a 5-digit numbering plan. The change in numbering resulted after the increased demand for new telephone services while also providing a platform for the future introduction of a cellular network on the island.
|1XX – 19XX||non-geographic||PSTN Service Numbers|
|1XXXX||Reserved||Reserved for future Telephone Services|
|22XXX||Jamestown, St Helena||PSTN Services|
|23XXX - 25XXX||PSTN Services|
|260XX – 261XX||Information Service|
|264XX - 29XXX||PSTN Services|
|3XXXX||Reserved for future Telephone Services|
|4XXXX||Reserved for future Telephone Services|
|7XXXX||Reserved for future Telephone Services|
|8XXXX||Tristan Da Cunha||Reserved for future Telephone Services|
|9XXXX||Reserved for future Telephone Services|
Tristan da Cunha
Although Tristan da Cunha shares the +290 code with St Helena, residents have access to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Telecommunications Network, provided by Global Crossing. This uses a London 020 numbering range, meaning that numbers are accessed via the UK telephone numbering plan.
- Sure South Atlantic Ltd. (29 August 2013). "Change to 5 Digit Telephone Numbering Plan" (PDF). The Sentinel (advert). South Atlantic Media Services. p. 19. Archived from the original (PDF) on 9 March 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "Don't forget your number 2's" (PDF). The Sentinel. South Atlantic Media Services. 20 June 2013. p. 7. Archived from the original (PDF) on 9 March 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "ITU Operational Bulletin" (PDF) (1030). International Telecommunication Union. 15 June 2013: 11–12. Retrieved 8 January 2021. Cite journal requires
- "Frequently Asked Questions". Sure Saint Helena. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Global Crossing extends FCO network to Tristan da Cunha". Telecom Paper. 22 May 2006. Archived from the original on 28 July 2013.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- "Tristan Da Cunha Contact Information". UK Overseas Territories Association. Archived from the original on 16 June 2013.