|Founder||Vassil Terziev, Svetozar Georgiev, Boyko Iaramov, Hristo Kosev|
|Headquarters||Mladost, Sofia, Bulgaria|
Number of locations
|Bulgaria, United States, Australia, Germany, India, Denmark, United Kingdom|
Telerik AD (Телерик АД) is a Bulgarian company offering software tools for web, mobile, desktop application development, tools and subscription services for cross-platform application development. Founded in 2002 as a company focused on .NET development tools, Telerik now also sells a platform for web, hybrid and native app development.
Company growth came by way of hiring in Bulgaria, as well as expansion and acquisition abroad:
- 2008 Germany: Acquired Vanatec GmbH, an enterprise-grade ORM provider
- 2010 USA: Merged with ArtOfTest, adding the Test Studio product
- 2010 Canada: Acquired TeamPulse, via a partnership deal with Imaginet
- 2011 UK and Australia: Expansion
- 2012 USA: Acquired Fiddler, the web debugging proxy
- 2013 Denmark: Acquired EQATEC Analytics, a software analytics suite
Products and technologies
- DevCraft: A collection of UI controls and widgets with versions for use with applications developed on the .NET platform (ASP.NET AJAX, ASP.NET MVC and WPF), HTML5 (KendoUI) or through Xamarin for mobile devices.
- Telerik Platform: An integrated group of SaaS products that together provide the ability to plan, develop, deploy and measure cross-platform and mobile applications via the cloud.
- TeamPulse: An agile development project management tool
- Test Studio: A tool that helps software developers implement testing protocols.
- Sitefinity: A web content management system (CMS), used to create and manage websites accessed via desktop or mobile devices.
Awards Telerik has received for its products and business practices include:
- Best Employer in Bulgaria 2013
- 20 recognitions in Visual Studio Magazine's Reader's Choice Awards 2013
- Gold "Stevie" in 2013 - Sitefinity
- 2013 Best of TechEd Award: Software Development – Telerik - DevCraft
Open-Source software products
For most of its products, Telerik takes a proprietary approach to its development process. However, it also has several products that are free and open source: NativeScript, Kendo UI Core, Data Access, Just Decompile and the “Sitefinity Project Feather” Initiative.
- Castellanos, Sara (February 21, 2014). "Telerik hires vet of 5nine Software & SmartBear". Boston Business Journal.
- Narayanaswamy, Anand (February 6, 2014). "Build Web, Hybrid or Native Web Apps with Telerik Platform". InfoQ.com.
- Lardinois, Frederic (January 28, 2014). "Telerik Launches New Development Platform For Web, Hybrid And Native Apps". Tech Crunch.
- "Progress Software Announces Intent to Acquire Telerik". October 22, 2014.
- Petrov, Hristo (December 21, 2012). "How the founders of the "Telerik" made their company a global player?". Forbes Bulgaria.
- Narayanaswamy, Anand (December 12, 2003). "Product Review: RAD.editor v3.0 for ASP.NET". ASP Alliance.
- "Telerik Launches Sitefinity". Gilbane.com. February 21, 2005.
- Taft, Darryl K. (July 15, 2011). "Telerik Delivers New Tools for .NET Developers". eWeek.
- Waters, John K. (December 1, 2011). "Telerik Releases Kendo UI Framework". Redmond Developer News.
- Richmond, Holly (March 21, 2011). "The Growth of Mobile Marketing and Tagging". Microsoft Tag Blog.
- DZHAMBAZOVA, BORYANA (October 30, 2012). "Bulgarian Company Homes In on Technological Niche". New York Times.
- Mass High Tech: Telerik picks up German software firm, Oct 13, 2008
- Visual Studio Magazine: Telerik Expands Portfolio with Team Development Tools
- DevPro: Telerik Makes a Cluster of Announcements at DevConnections VS 2010 Launch
- "Telerik Expands into the UK and Australia". Reuters. March 14, 2011.
- Ward, Keith (September 9, 2013). "Telerik Buys Fiddler Debugging Tool". Visual Studio Magazine.
- Wauters, Robin (7 March 2013). "Telerik acquires Danish cross-platform app analytics software maker EQATEC".
- Krippendorf, Kaihan (March 12, 2013). "TO CREATE INNOVATION, LEARN HOW TO SEE A FOURTH OPTION". Fast Company.
- "Telerik Closes Out First Decade of Business with a Bang". PR Web. January 29, 2013.
- "Telerik Hires Former SAP VP Aaron Mahimainathan as Chief Product Officer". Yahoo Finance. March 11, 2014.
- Bridgwater,, Adrian (October 21, 2013). "Extra Controls In Telerik .NET Developer Tool". Dr Dobbs.
- "Best Employers Bulgaria 2013". Aon Hewitt.
- Ward, Keith (October 8, 2013). "The Visual Studio Magazine 2013 Reader's Choice Awards Are Out More than 400 products were voted on, to find the best". Visual Studio Magazine. Retrieved June 12, 2014.
- "The American Business Awards 2013".
- "Congratulations to Our Best of TechEd 2013 Winners". Windows ITPro. June 5, 2013.
- Jackson, Joab (April 21, 2014). "HTML5 components released as open source". InfoWorld. IDG News Service. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- Williamson, Tim (February 21, 2014). "Project Feather - 7 New Reasons to Love Telerik Sitefinity". CodeMoar.