- Not to be confused with the Japanese company, Telescreen Japan Inc.
|Products||Children's television shows|
Telescreen (or Telescreen BV formerly known as Telecable Benelux B.V.) is a Dutch television production company that has produced and distributed children's TV series such as Miffy, Moomin and Alfred J Kwak since 1983.
As licensing agent, they also represent some of the world’s major entertainment companies in the Benelux territory, such as: BBC Worldwide, Turner Broadcasting, TV-Loonland, Chapman Entertainment and Aardman Animations.
The company services the full range of children's entertainment production, from animation production, TV distribution, home entertainment, consumer products, royalty administration to artwork coordination and creation.
Telescreen B.V. was founded in 1983 under the name Telecable Benelux BV by Dennis Livson and Jos Kaandorp. In 1994, the name Telecable Benelux B.V. was changed into Telescreen B.V. Soon thereafter, Livson sold the company to the giant Japanese entertainment firm Mitsui & Co., Ltd., which acquired the company through a spin-off subsidiary, Pri-mation Media BV.
In 1998, Dutch producer & distributor Palm Plus Produkties acquired Pri-mation Media, becoming the holding company for it and, as a result, Telescreen.
In December 2008, the German brand management & media company m4e acquired Telescreen.
List of productions
- Ox Tales (1987–1988)
- Wowser (1988–1989)
- Star Street (1989–1990)
- Alfred J. Kwak (1989–1990)
- Moomin (1990–1991)
- Comet in Moominland (1992)
- Miffy – the classics (1992)
- Bamboo Bears (1994)
- Plonsters (1999)
- Anton (2001)
- PAZ (2005–present)
- Miffy – stop-motion animation (2002–2004)
- Even Stevens (2000-2001)
- Yellow Giraffe (2003)
- Lizzie McGuire (2003)
- Hans Christian Andersen – The Fairytaler (2003)
- Naturally Sadie (2005-2007)
- Life with Derek (2005-2009)
- Frog & Friends (2009)
- Rudolf – the world's most determined door-to-door salesman (2010)
- Quints (2000)
- In A Heartbeat (2000)
- The Famous Jett Jackson (1998-2001)
- The Jersey (1999-2004)
- So Weird (1999-2001)
- Stepsister from Planet Weird (2000)
- Ready To Run (2000)
- The Jennie Project (2001)
- Hounded (2001)
- Jumping Ship (2001)
- Gotta Kick It Up! (2002)
- Zenon The Zequel (2001)
- Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire (2000)
- Phantom of the Megaplex (2000)
- Cake (2006)