||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (August 2012)|
|Founded||1998 in Nevada City, California, United States|
|Headquarters||Nevada City, California, United States|
|Dan Castles, President/CEO
Shawn Carnahan, CTO
Barb DeHart, VP Marketing
Steve Ellis, VP Worldwide Sales
Steve Tilly, VP Engineering
Betty Jo Fisher, Controller & Manufacturing Manager
Number of employees
Telestream, Inc. is an American privately held provider of software and hardware products for video capture, encoding, transcoding, and network-based delivery. Products include desktop components, screencasting, video streaming, cross-platform encoding software and transcoding applications to automate enterprise-class digital video workflows.
Telestream provides live and on-demand digital video tools and workflow solutions that allow consumers and businesses to transform video on the desktop and across the enterprise. Many media and entertainment companies such as CBS, BBC, CNN, Fox, CBC, Comcast, DirecTV, Time Warner, MTV, Discovery, and Lifetime, as well as a number of users in a broad range of business environments, rely on Telestream products to streamline operations, reach broader audiences and generate more revenue from their media.
As of Q1 2010, revenues for enterprise products were up 25% for the first quarter over the previous year, and desktop products grew by 45%. More than 80% of the top broadcast station groups, media companies and Fortune 100 companies, along with millions of consumers, currently use Telestream products.
Telestream products span the entire digital media lifecycle, including video capture and ingest; live and on-demand encoding and transcoding; playout, delivery, and live streaming; as well as management and automation of the entire workflow. The company also partners closely with digital media companies across the entire digital media lifecycle, from consumer to enterprise.
- Episode Engine, a server-based video transcoder.
- Episode 6 product that allows users to pool resources to share encoding work across multiple computers in a mixed environment of Macs and PCs.
- Flip4Mac, a QuickTime component which enables Macintosh users to play, edit, and encode Windows Media Video.
- FlipFactory, a video transcoding and workflow automation application.
- Pipeline network encoder for QuickTime and Final Cut Pro, MXF OP1a or MXF OPAtam wrapped files in DV, DVCPro, IMX, DVCPro HD, DNxHD or Pro Res 422.
- Pipeline, network encoder for capture and play out via SDI/HD-SDI.
- ScreenFlow screencast software won Macworld's Editor's Choice Award in December 2008.
- Vantage is a workflow design and automation software solution to assist with video capture, multi-screen video transcoding, metadata processing, analysis, graphics assembly and video file management in IT video environments.
- Vantage Transcode is a server transcoder built on the FlipFactory transcode engine with file format support for broadcast, cable, edit, web, mobile, VOD, and IPTV workflows.
- Wirecast, live video webcasting production software.
- Wirecast Pro product that allows anyone to easily create real-time or on-demand professional video broadcasts for the web.
- Wirecast 4.0 with the ability to support multiple cameras, virtual sets, news tickers, clocks, and a range of hardware.
- On September 11, 2015, Telestream has been honored with an Emmy Award for Technology and Engineering.
- Telestream's corporation fact sheet
- "Telestream Software Publisher Profile".
- Turner, Melanie (2007-07-09). "Bridging the Mac/PC divide". Sacramento Business Journal. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- Dickson, Glen (2010-04-11). "Telestream Says Business is Good". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved 2010-05-20.
- O'Neill, Jim (2010-04-12). "Telestream says 12 years of double-digit growth to continue as broadcasters look for ways to cut costs". FierceOnlineVideo. Retrieved 2010-05-20.
- "NAB... Telestream: Product Intros Of Episodic Proportions". Satnews Daily. 2010-04-11. Retrieved 2010-05-20.
- Mello Jr., John P. (2009-06-29). "Telestream Lets Windows Media Flow Into Mac Platform". Mac News World. Retrieved 2009-07-13.
- Ochiva, Dan (2009-06-09). "Telestream FlipFactory 7". Digital Content Producer. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
- Griffiths, Rob (2009-07-13). "Eddy Winner: ScreenFlow 1.0.2". MacWorld. Retrieved 2009-07-13.
- Pallett, John (2010-04-14). "John Pallett demonstrates Vantage on Broadcast Engineering TV". Broadcast Engineering. Retrieved 2010-05-17.
- "NAB 2010: Telestream Reports Record Growth". Television Broadcast. 2010-04-11. Retrieved 2010-05-20.
- Telestream honored with Emmy Award for Technology and Engineering (September 11, 2015) – Telestream