Television's Greatest Hits, Volume II: 65 More TV Themes From the 50's and 60's
|Television's Greatest Hits - 65 More TV Themes From The 50s & 60s|
According to Allmusic, "There are 65 television themes here, and apart from the little mistakes, they're almost all interesting. Among the strangest material here is the music from some of television's failures, such as It's About Time (one of the longest theme songs ever done for TV) and The Green Hornet. Also pleasing is the fact that the producers have used opening and closing theme versions of this material grafted together, so we hear the fullest possible versions of the themes from Ben Casey."
The album catalog was later acquired by The Bicycle Music Company. In September 2011, Los Angeles-based Oglio Records announced they were releasing the Television's Greatest Hits song catalog after entering into an arrangement The Bicycle Music Company. A series of 9 initial "6-packs" including some of the songs from the album has been announced for 2011.
NOTE: An asterisk (*) donates a track that was re-recorded for the album.
- The Three Stooges*
- Merrie Melodies ("Merrily We Roll Along")*
- The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show
- Huckleberry Hound
- Mighty Mouse Playhouse
- Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse*
- The Pink Panther Show*
- The Road Runner Show*
- George of the Jungle
- Jonny Quest
- Looney Tunes ("The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down")*
- Peanuts ("Linus and Lucy")*
- Mister Rogers' Neighborhood ("Won't You Be My Neighbor?")
- The Odd Couple
- The Courtship of Eddie's Father ("My Best Friend")
- The Mary Tyler Moore Show ("Love Is All Around")
- That Girl
- Love, American Style
- The Honeymooners ("You're My Greatest Love")
- I Married Joan*
- The Monkees
- The Brady Bunch
- The Partridge Family ("Come On Get Happy")
- My Mother the Car*
- Car 54, Where Are You?
- It's About Time*
- My Favorite Martian
- Jeopardy! ("Think Music")
- Hogan's Heroes
- Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.
- The Rat Patrol
- 12 O'Clock High
- The Time Tunnel
- Voyage To the Bottom of the Sea
- The Adventures of Robin Hood
- Bat Masterson*
- Wagon Train
- Have Gun – Will Travel ("The Ballad of Paladin")*
- The Virginian*
- The Rebel
- Peter Gunn*
- Route 66*
- I Spy
- The Avengers*
- The Saint*
- Hawaiian Eye*
- The Green Hornet
- The Outer Limits
- Dark Shadows
- Ben Casey
- Medical Center*
- NBC Mystery Movie*
- ABC's Wide World of Sports
- The Jackie Gleason Show ("Melancholy Serenade")*
- The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour
- Monty Python's Flying Circus
- Steven Gottlieb - Executive Producer
Alongside Television's Greatest Hits Volume I, the compilation was described by CD Review as "organized as a theoretical average viewing day". CD Review jokingly commented that the compilation would be "highly effective during interrogations" by the FBI.
- Eder, Bruce. "Television's Greatest Hits, Vol. 2: Original TV Soundtracks". AllMusic. Retrieved 2011-09-15.
- "Television's Greatest Hits - TV Theme 6-packs". Oglio Records. September 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-15.
- Taylor, Andrew (March 1987). "New Releases Spotlight". CD Review. 3 (7): 80. Retrieved June 12, 2017.