Television in Trinidad and Tobago
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (June 2012)|
Broadcast networks in Trinidad and Tobago can be divided into three categories:
- Commercial broadcasting networks (which air English-language programming to a general audience). Example: CNC3
- Educational and other non-commercial broadcasting member stations (which air English- and some foreign-language television programming, intended to be educational television or otherwise of a sort not found on commercial television). Example: The Parliament Channel
- Religious broadcasting networks. Example: IBN
- 1 Table of broadcast networks
- 2 English-language commercial over-the-air television networks
- 3 Non-commercial television networks
- 4 Cable-only television stations
- 5 List of television broadcasters
- 6 See also
- 7 References
Table of broadcast networks
All of the networks listed below air on cable and satellite services.
|Television Network||Founded||Genre/Subject||Terrestrial||Cable (Flow Trinidad)||IPTV (Blink TV)||Satellite (Green Dot)||Satellite (DirecTV)|
|GISL TV4||Unknown||Educational and Cultural||4 and 16||4||103||No||No|
|The Parliament Channel (Trinidad and Tobago)||18 August 2006||Public Affairs||29||11||No||No||No|
|CCN TV6||31 August 1991||Commercial||6 and 18||5||100||Yes||130|
|Tobago Channel 5||2001||Community||5 (Tobago Only)||No||No||No||No|
|Synergy TV||March 2003||Music and Pop culture||33||15||108||Yes||No|
|Gayelle||16 February 2004||Community||23 and 27||7||106||Yes||No|
|CNC3||26 September 2005||Commercial||12 and 14||3||104||Yes||131|
|C TV||5 June 2006||Commercial||9 and 13||6||102||Yes||No|
|WI Sports||1 April 2010||Sport||No||14||No||No||No|
|ieTV Channel 1||2005?||Indian Culture||No||1||116||No||No|
|Islamic Broadcast Network||28 October 2005.||Islam||No||8||114||Yes||No|
|ACTS25||15 August 2006||Christianity||25||9||112||Yes||No|
|WIN TV||1 May 2007||Indian Culture||37 and 39||12||110||Yes||No|
|Trinity TV||2008||Roman Catholic||?||10||?||?||No|
|Jaagriti TV||February 2015||Hinduism||?||90||?||?||No|
|Sankhya TV||2010||Hinduism||?||Coming Soon||117||13||No|
|Darut Tarbiyah The Islamic Network (T.I.N.)||2006||Islam||?||96||115||10||No|
|Television Network||Founded||Subject||Terrestrial||Cable (Flow Trinidad)||IPTV (Blink TV)||Satellite (Green Dot)||Satellite (DirecTV)|
English-language commercial over-the-air television networks
- CNC3 Television (CNC3) National television station owned by the Guardian Media Limited.
- The Caribbean Communications Network Television 6 (CCN TV6) (CCN TV6). A national television station owned by OCM Ltd, publishers of the Barbados Nation and the Trinidad Express.
- C Television (C TV) State owned national station. (Formerly ttt)
- Gayelle Television (Gayelle) Broadcasts Local and cultural programming.
- Advance Community Television Station (ACTS25) A religious community station serving the city of San Fernando.
- World Indian Network Television (WIN TV) Private television station with focus on Indian and local programming.
- Synergy Television (Synergy TV) Music channel featuring local and Caribbean artistes and original programming.
- i.e. Television Cable Channel 1 (ieTV Channel 1) – Broadcasts local and East Indian programming.
- Islamic Broadcasting Network (IBN8) – Broadcasts Islamic programming.
- Tobago Channel 5 – Airs Tobago based programming. Broadcasts in Tobago only.
- WI Sports – Broadcasts local sports programming. Only available on cable.
- Darut Tarbiyah – Broadcast Islamic Programming.
Non-commercial television networks
- TV 4 (TV 4) State owned cultural station. (Formerly AVM/TIC)
- The Parliament Channel Broadcasts proceedings of the Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago.
Defunct Trinidadian and Tobagonian television networks
- ttt (Channels 2 & 13) – (1962–2005) State owned television station. Closed on January 15, 2005.
Cable-only television stations
- i.e. Television Channel 1 (ieTV Channel 1) – Broadcasts local and East Indian programming.
- WI Sports – Broadcasts local sports. Owned by Flow Trinidad.
Television (Free to air)
- Advance Community Television Network Limited
- C.C.N. Television Limited
- Caribbean New Media Group Limited
- Gayelle Limited
- Guardian Media Limited (Formerly Trinidad Publishing Company Limited (CNC3))
- Mohan Jaikaran
- Parliament of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- Synergy Entertainment Network Limited
TV Broadcasting Service via Cable
Subscription Television Broadcasters
- Flow Trinidad (Columbus Communications Limited) (Flow) – Trinidad only
- DirecTV Limited – National
- Green Dot Limited – National
- Blink TV (Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago Limited) – National
- Independent Cable Network of Trinidad and Tobago (ICNTT) – Major Territorial Network
- TRICO Industries Limited – Minor Territorial (Tobago only)
- Air Link Communications – Niche – Princes Town and Environs
- Technologies Limited (Transferred from Computer Technologies and Services Limited) – Niche – Mayaro and Guayaguayare
- RVR International Limited – Niche – Princes Town and Rio Claro
- Digicel Play - Still Rolling Out.