|Location||210 Long Bridge Road, Helena, Georgia|
|Security class||close security|
|Managed by||Georgia Department of Corrections|
Telfair State Prison is a Georgia Department of Corrections state prison for men located on 210 Long Bridge Road, Helena, Telfair County, Georgia, United States. The facility opened in 1992 and currently has a capacity of 1420 prisoners.
Between August and October 2012, two inmates and a corrections officer named Larry Stell were fatally stabbed in the facility. Telfair was awarded Facility of the Year by Georgia Department of Corrections Commissioner Brian Owens in 2014.
Telfair State was one of 7 prisons whose inmates participated in the 2010 Georgia prison strike.
- Wayne Williams, believed by police to be responsible for at least 23 of the 30 Atlanta murders of 1979–1981
- Aeman Presley, serial killer responsible for four murders.
- "New Warden at Telfair State Prison | the Georgia Department of Corrections".
- "|| Georgia Department of Corrections ||". Archived from the original on 2013-03-17. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "UPDATE: Corrections Officer Dead After Being Stabbed at Telfair State Prison Identified - 41NBC". Archived from the original on 2014-02-21. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "Press Releases | The Georgia Department of Corrections". www.dcor.state.ga.us. Retrieved 2019-09-15.
- "PRESLEY, AEMAN LOVEL Inmate 0001140808: Georgia Prisons (DOC)".
- "AEMAN LOVEL PRESLEY Inmate 0001140808: Georgia Prisoner".
- "Police: 3 deadly shootings targeting Atlanta homeless may be linked". 15 June 2020.