Telford's Bus & Coach
|Parent||Dunn Motor Traction|
|Service type||Bus operator|
|Fleet||94 (July 2015)|
In 1973, Marrickville Bus Lines was purchased by Max Holman from Barry Barton. In May 1977, the business was sold to Bob Wood and renamed Orana Tours. In January 1978, the business was purchased by Benny Rachwal and resumed trading as Marrickville Bus Lines. One route was operated, 222 Dulwich Hill to Sydenham.
In January 1989, Marrickville commenced operating five routes in the White Bay/Bondi Junction/Marrickville areas on an interim basis after the collapse of ABC Coachlines. These were taken over by Arrow Coaches in April 1989. Marrickville also commenced providing buses for The Scots College. This segment of the business would grow rapidly, with Marrickville winning work from many Eastern Suburbs and Inner West schools.
In the 1980s, Marrickville purchased the business of Telford Educational Tours. Having been renumbered to 448 in November 1987, the remaining route was taken over by Sydney Buses' Kingsgrove depot in January 2004 and ceased soon afterwards.
Telford's operate services from Macquarie Park to Epping station under contract to Optus and from Sydney Olympic Park to Lidcombe station, Strathfield station and the Sydney central business district under contract to the Commonwealth Bank. It also operates school buses for various Eastern Suburbs and Inner West schools.
On 23 March 2015, Telford's commenced operating an express commuter service from Rouse Hill to the Sydney CBD under the Your Commute brand. This was previously operated by Bankstown Coaches as the Bullet Bus until November 2014.
As at July 2015, the fleet consisted of 94 buses and coaches. Fleet livery is white, red and grey.
- Marrickville Bus Lines Pty Ltd Australian Securities & Investments Commission
- "Telford's Bus & Coach sells to overseas interests" Australian Bus issue 63 May 2014 pages 26-27
- "Ownership Changes" Fleetline issue 164 March 1989 page 41
- "Ownership Changes" Fleetline issue 168 July 1989 page 106
- About Us Archived 3 December 2014 at the Wayback Machine Telford's Bus & Coach
- "Marrickville Metro" Fleetline issue 149 December 1987
- Benny's battle over; legacy lives on Australian Bus & Coach 1 November 2013
- "Telford's take over" Australian Bus issue 64 July 2014 page 6
- "Telford Tours Sold" Australian Bus Panorama issue 30/1 July 2014 pages 11/12
- Tiger Tours Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- "Tiger Tours" Australian Bus Panorama issue 31/1 July 2015 page 53
- Home Archived 2 April 2015 at the Wayback Machine Your Commute
- Coach seats snapped up Hills Shire Times 30 March 2015
- Telford Tours Australian Bus Fleet Lists