|Subsidiary (P.T. in legal form)|
|Founded||Jakarta, Indonesia (26 May 1995 )|
|Headquarters||Telkomsel Smart Office, Jl. Jendral Gatot Subroto kav. 52, Jakarta, Indonesia|
|Ririek Adriansyah (CEO)|
|Products||kartuHalo, simPATI, Kartu As, Flash, and LOOP|
|Owners||PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk (65.0%)|
Singapore Telecommunications Limited via its wholly owned subsidiary Singapore Telecom Mobile Pte. Ltd. (35.0%)
|Parent||PT Telkom Indonesia Tbk|
Telkomsel is the largest wireless carrier in the country with 172 million customers as of 2018. The company Operates their GSM network on the 900–1800 MHz frequency range, as well as 3G and 4G services on other frequencies. Telkomsel operates a variety of sim card brands, chief among them are simPATI and kartuHALO. These brands differ on their payment model (pre-paid vs. post-paid) as well as pricing. As of 31 March 2015, Telkomsel has 46% of the Indonesian wireless service market share.
Telkomsel was incorporated on 26 May 1995 in Jakarta, Indonesia. It is majority owned by Telkom Indonesia with 65% of the shares, with Singapore Telecommunications Limited owning the minority 35%. In November 1997, Telkomsel became the first wireless carrier in Asia to introduce rechargeable GSM pre-paid services. In September 2006, Telkomsel became the first carrier in the country to launch a 3G service.
On 20 March 2009, Telkomsel and Apple South Asia Pte. Ltd. launched the iPhone 3G in Indonesia with customised price plans for all of Telkomsel's customers. Three years later, Telkomsel had acquired more than 100 million active customers.
In April 2017, the company website was hacked, and a message protesting about high charges and unnecessary extra services was posted. There was widespread support for the hacker on social media.
- Telkomsel. So Close, So Real (Indonesian: Begitu Dekat, Begitu Nyata, 1995–2005)
- Leading in Service (2008, 13th anniversary)
- Widest Network, Best Quality (Indonesian: Jangkauan Luas, Kualitas Terbaik, 2008–present)
- Telkomsel Paling Indonesia (2010–present)
- Jangkauan Terluas Tercepat (2015–present)
- 14 Tahun Telkomsel Untuk Indonesia (2009, 14th anniversary, English: 14th Anniversary Telkomsel for Indonesia)
- 15 Tahun Telkomsel Inovasi Untuk Negeri (2010, 15th anniversary, English: Innovation for the nation)
- 16 Tahun Telkomsel 100 Juta pelanggan (2011, 16th anniversary, English: 100 million customers)
- 17 Tahun Telkomsel Muda, Beda, Paling Indonesia (2012, 17th anniversary, English: Young, Different, More Indonesia)
- 18 Tahun Telkomsel Muda, Berbagi, Paling Indonesia (2013, 18th anniversary, English: Young, Sharing, More Indonesia)
- 19 Years Telkomsel For More Colorful Future (2014, 19th anniversary)
- 20 Tahun Telkomsel Kreasi Untuk Indonesia (2015, 20th anniversary, English: Creation for Indonesia)
- 21 Tahun Telkomsel Bikin Keren Indonesia (2016, 21st anniversary, English: Make Indonesia Cooler)
- 22 Tahun Telkomsel Memajukan Negeri (2017, 22nd anniversary, English: Advancing the Nation)
- 23 Tahun Telkomsel Untuk Indonesia Gemilang (2018, 23nd anniversary, English: For Brilliant Indonesia)
Products and services
- Kartu As
- Kartu As Flexi is a combination of the previous prepaid operators, Flexi and all Flexi prepaid customers are transferred to this card.
- kartuHalo Flexi is a combination of the previous prepaid operators, Flexi and all Flexi prepaid customers are transferred to this card.
- Telkomsel Flash
- Kartu Facebook
- simPATI LOOP
- Kartu LOOP
The TELKOMSELPOIN program is a customer loyalty program that is intended for all TELKOMSEL customers.
GraPARI is an acronym for Graha Pari Sraya (Service Office Building in English) which is used as a Telkomsel customer service center. The name comes from the Sanskrit language given by Sri Sultan Hamengkubuwono X as a sign of appreciation for the inauguration of the Telkomsel service office in Yogyakarta. Since then, all Telkomsel customer service centers have been established under the name GraPARI Telkomsel.
Starting in September 2009, Telkomsel added HSPA + (High-Speed Packet Access) services with access speeds of up to 21 Mbps which are planned to be implemented in 24 cities in Indonesia until the end of 2010.
As of 2018, Telkomsel has 160.705 Base Transceiver Stations (BTS) with 68.7% being 3G/4G capable. Telkomsel currently has one of the widest network coverage in Indonesia, providing service in over 97% of Indonesia's territories. This makes it the only operator in Indonesia that has coverage in all of the country's provinces and regencies. The network uses GSM Dual Band (900 & 1800), GPRS, EDGE, 3G, and 4G technologies.
The company has 323 international roaming partners in 170 countries (September 2008). In addition, Telkomsel has worked with network carriers in neighboring countries to offer the co-branded simPATI Kangen product for Indonesians living abroad.
- "Continuing to Win in the Digital Era" (PDF). Telkomsel.com. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- "Shareholding Pattern | Bharti Airtel". Airtel.in. Archived from the original on 24 May 2012. Retrieved 28 June 2012.
- "Shareholding Pattern as of Dec 2011| Bharti Airtel" (PDF). Airtel.in. Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 August 2012. Retrieved 28 June 2012.
- Mediatama, Grahanusa (24 April 2018). "Jumlah pelanggan seluler menyusut". kontan.co.id (in Indonesian). Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Annual Report 2014" (PDF). Info.singtel.com. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- "Telkomsel on BusinessWeek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 23 July 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 17 December 2011. Retrieved 7 December 2011.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Telekomunikasi Indonesia – Telkom – Indonesia Investments". Indonesia-investments.com. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- Dion Bisara; Herman (18 April 2017). "Telkomsel Hacked, Customers Vent Frustration Over Internet Price". The Jakarta Globe. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- Center, PT. Indonesia News. "Pelanggan Telkomsel Membludak, Jumlah BTS Digenjot". inilahcom. Retrieved 25 July 2018.