|Founded||Jakarta, Indonesia (26 May 1995 )|
|Headquarters||Telkom Landmark Tower, Jl. Jendral Gatot Subroto kav. 52, Jakarta, Indonesia|
President Director : Ririek Adriansyah
Sales Director : Mas'ud Khamid
Finance Director : Heri Supriadi
Human Capital Management Director : Herdy Rosadi Harman
Network Director : Abdus Somad Arif
Planning & Transformation Director : Edward Ying Siew Heng
IT Director : Ng Soo KeeMarketing Director : Alistair Johnston
|Products||kartuHalo, simPATI, Kartu As, Flash, and LOOP|
|Owners||PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk (65.0%)
Singapore Telecommunications Limited via its wholly owned subsidiary Singapore Telecom Mobile Pte. Ltd. (35.0%)
|Parent||PT Telkom Indonesia Tbk|
Telkomsel is a brand name of a GSM and UMTS Mobile phone network operator which operates in Indonesia. It was founded in 1995, and is a subsidiary of Telkom Indonesia. The company currently has 122 million subscribers. Telkomsel Operates in Indonesia with GSM 900–1800 MHz, 3G network, and internationally, through 323 international roaming partners in 170 countries (end of September 2008). The company provides its subscribers with the choice between three prepaid cards-simPATI, Loop and Kartu As, or the post-paid kartuHalo service, as well as a variety of value-added services and programs.
As of 31 March 2015, Telkomsel has the leading mobile market share in Indonesia with 46.0% of the total number of mobile customers.
The company was incorporated in 1995 and is based in Jakarta, Indonesia. PT Telekomunikasi Selular is a majority owned subsidiary of PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk. having 65 percent ownership interest with the minority 35 percent ownership interest vested by Singapore Telecommunications Limited Telkomsel's operations in Indonesia have grown substantially since the commercial launch of its post-paid services on 26 May 1995. In November 1997, Telkomsel became the first cellular telecommunications operator in Asia to introduce rechargeable GSM pre-paid services. In September 2006, Telkomsel became the first operator in Indonesia to launch 3G services.
Starting on 30 April 2011, Telkomsel has broken a new record that is as Indonesia's largest cellular operator by number of subscribers reached more than 100 million people out of Indonesia's population of 245 million.
In addition, it has worked with operators in neighbouring countries to offer the co-branded simPATI Kangen product for Indonesians in those countries.
Telkomsel nowadays deploys more than 54,000 Base Transceiver Stations (BTS) that reach 97% of the Indonesian population. As the 7th world’s largest cellular operator, Telkomsel is the market leader in Indonesia's telecommunication industry and serves more than 122 million subscribers. As a pioneer in the development of Indonesia mobile telecommunication industry to enter the latest era of mobile broadband services, Telkomsel has been consistently implementing the roadmap technology of 3G, HSDPA, HSPA+, and has successfully tested Long Term evolution (LTE) technology. This year Telkomsel provides broadband network in 200 major cities in Indonesia. To serve customers, Telkomsel is supported by more than 430 service centres and 24 hours contact centre throughout Indonesia.
- Telkomsel. So Close, So Real (Indonesian: Begitu Dekat, Begitu Nyata, 1995–2005)
- Leading in Service (2008, 13th anniversary)
- Widest Network, Best Quality (Indonesian: Jangkauan Luas, Kualitas Terbaik, 2008–present)
- Telkomsel Paling Indonesia (2010–present)
- 14 Tahun Telkomsel Untuk Indonesia (2009, 14th anniversary, English: 14th Anniversary Telkomsel for Indonesia)
- 15 Tahun Telkomsel Inovasi Untuk Negeri (2010, 15th anniversary, English: Innovation for the nation)
- 16 Tahun Telkomsel Paling Indonesia (2011, 16th anniversary, English: More Indonesia)
- 17 Tahun Telkomsel Muda, Beda, Paling Indonesia (2012, 17th anniversary, English: Young, Different, More Indonesia)
- 18 Tahun Telkomsel Muda, Berbagi, Paling Indonesia (2013, 18th anniversary, English: Young, Sharing, More Indonesia)
- 19 Tahun Telkomsel For More Colorful Future (2014, 19th anniversary)
- 20 Tahun Telkomsel Kreasi Untuk Indonesia (2015, 20th anniversary, English: Creation for Indonesia)
- 21 Tahun Telkomsel Bikin Keren Indonesia (2016, 21th anniversary, English: Make the Indonesia more Cool)
Telkomsel currently has one of the widest network coverage in Indonesia, providing coverage in over 97% of Indonesia. This makes it the only operator in Indonesia that has coverage in all of the country's provinces and regencies. The company offers GSM Dual Band (900 & 1800), GPRS, Wi-Fi, EDGE, 3G and 4G Technology.
- "Shareholding Pattern | Bharti Airtel". Airtel.in. Retrieved 28 June 2012.
- "Shareholding Pattern as of Dec 2011| Bharti Airtel" (PDF). Retrieved 28 June 2012.
- "Telkomsel on BusinessWeek". Retrieved 23 July 2010.
- "Telkomsel on Linkedin". Retrieved 23 July 2010.
- (Indonesian)Telkom launches iPhone 3G in Indonesia Retrieved 25 February 2011