Tell Her (Lonestar song)
|Single by Lonestar|
|from the album Lonely Grill|
|B-side||"I'm Already There"|
|Released||September 18, 2000|
|Lonestar singles chronology|
"Tell Her" is a song written by Craig Wiseman and Kwesi B. It was recorded by American country music group Lonestar. It was released in September 2000 as the fifth and final single from their third studio album Lonely Grill (1999). The song reached number one on the Billboard country charts, becoming their sixth number one hit.
"Tell Her" is a country pop ballad. In it, the male narrator addresses a male friend of his who is "lookin' for a friend" to help him. In the first verse, the narrator discovers that his friend is having difficulty in his relationship ("So you say your love's about to end / You say you can't take no more, she's out the door"). The narrator then asks whether the friend was "furious" or if he told his loved one that he loves her.
The song's radio edit features a different vocal track, as well as a string section not present in the album version. Lonestar's greatest hits package uses the album version.
"Tell Her" reached its peak of number one on the Billboard country charts for the week of February 3, 2001. It held the position for two weeks. Like "What About Now" before it, the song also reached the top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at number 39. It was the fourth consecutive number one song from the album.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||39|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||36|
- Lonely Grill (CD). Lonestar. BNA Records. 1999. 67762-2.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "Lonestar biography". CMT. Retrieved 2008-11-10.
- "Lonestar Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Lonestar Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Best of 2001: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2001. Retrieved August 14, 2012.