Tell Her (Lonestar song)
|Single by Lonestar|
|from the album Lonely Grill|
|B-side||"I'm Already There"|
|Released||September 18, 2000|
3:27 (album version)3:48 (radio mix)
|Writer(s)||Craig Wiseman, Kwesi B.|
|Lonestar singles chronology|
"Tell Her" is a song written by Craig Wiseman and Kwesi B. It was recorded by American country music group Lonestar. It was released in September 2000 as the fifth and final single from their album Lonely Grill. The song reached Number One on the Billboard country charts, becoming their sixth Number One hit.
"Tell Her" is a country pop ballad. In it, the male narrator addresses a male friend of his who is "lookin' for a friend" to help him. In the first verse, the narrator discovers that his friend is having difficulty in his relationship ("So you say your love's about to end / You say you can't take no more, she's out the door"). The narrator then asks whether the friend was "furious" or if he told her that he loves her.
The song's radio edit features a different vocal track, as well as a string section not present in the album version. Lonestar's greatest hits package uses the album version.
"Tell Her" reached its peak of number 1 on the Billboard country charts for the week of February 3, 2001. It held the position for two weeks. Like "What About Now" before it, the song also reached Top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at number 39. It was the fourth consecutive Number One from the album.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||39|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||36|
by Dixie Chicks
|Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks
February 3—February 10, 2001
"There Is No Arizona"
by Jamie O'Neal
- Lonely Grill (CD). Lonestar. BNA Records. 1999. 67762-2.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "Lonestar biography". CMT. Retrieved 2008-11-10.
- "Lonestar – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Lonestar.
- "Lonestar – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Lonestar.
- "Best of 2001: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2001. Retrieved August 14, 2012.