Tell Me O Kkhuda
|Tell Me O Kkhuda|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Hema Malini|
|Produced by||Miraj group
Chandan Roy Sanyal
|Distributed by||Hema Malini Creations|
Tell Me O Kkhuda is a 2011 Bollywood drama film directed by Hema Malini, starring Esha Deol, Arjan Bajwa, Sudhanshu Pandey, Vinod Khanna, Dharmendra, Rishi Kapoor, Farooq Sheikh, and Chandan Roy Sanyal in the lead roles; Salman Khan makes a special appearance. It released on 27 October 2011 to mixed reviews at the box office. The music is composed by Pritam and lyrics were by Mayur Puri.
The film is about a girl named Tanya (Esha Deol) who learns that she was adopted by Colonel Ravi Kapoor and his wife when he rescued her from a burning hospital. This leads Tanya to go on a journey in search of her biological parents. She travels across the globe to find them. The first man she visits is a ruler of a patriarchal district in Rajasthan where female infanticide is common (played by Vinod Khanna) named Abhay Rana Pratap Singh. However, it is revealed that Manjuri (Abhay Singh's niece) is his actual daughter since her nanny had hidden the truth from everyone. Even Rana Pratap hadn't known that his wife had given birth to a baby girl before dying in a fire.
Tanya then travels to Turkey to meet Altaf Zardari (played by Rishi Kapoor). Zardari and his non-Indian wife live a peaceful life, but the wife doesn't remember losing her baby girl in the fire that demolished the hospital Tanya was born in. Tanya helps her regain her memory about the incident and accept her daughter's death, thinking that all the while she might be their true daughter. Since that's not the case, heart-broken Tanya returns to India to her foster parents.
She then embarks on one last mission to find her father; this time it's Tony Castello (played by Dharmendra), a mafia leader. Initially doubtful of her, Tony meets up with his ex-flame, Susan (Hema Malini), who is now a nun. Eventually, after a gang fight, Tony accepts Tanya as his daughter and the movie ends with Tanya and her best friend (Arjan Bajwa) marrying in a church, with all four of Tanya's fathers walking her up the aisle.
Tanya's dad's name starts with an A: her "fathers" were named Abhay, Altaf and Anthony (full form for Tony). Also, the day Tanya was born, there was a huge fire and the records get misplaced and that's where the confusion starts. A kind colonel takes pity on baby Tanya and takes her home since he and his wife have no children of their own.
- Esha Deol as Tanya
- Vinod Khanna as Abhay Rana Pratap Singh
- Rishi Kapoor as Altaf Zardari
- Arjan Bajwa as Jai Vishal Singh
- Sudhanshu Pandey as Kunwar Virat Pratap
- Dharmendra as Don Anthony Costello
- Chandan Roy Sanyal as Kuki (Tanya & Jai's friend)
- Farooq Sheikh as Ravi Kapoor
- Hema Malini as Susan D'Mello
- Deepti Naval as Mrs. R. Kapoor
- Sharat Saxena as Danny
- Madhoo as Geeta (Geeta Bhabhi)
- Johnny Lever as Pandurang P.
- Meltem Cumbul as Zainab Zardari
- Salman Khan as himself (special appearance in song "Someone Somebody")
Though the film was to release on 30 September 2011, it was pushed back a month due to personal incidents of the crew.
The film had poor box office collections. BoxofficeIndia.com declared the film a disaster.
The music of the film was composed by Pritam and lyrics were written by Mayur Puri.
|Tell Me O Kkhuda|
|Soundtrack album by Pritam|
|Released||10 October 2011|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Someone Somebody"||Mayur Puri||Sunidhi Chauhan||4:24|
|2.||"Love You Dad"||Mayur Puri||Anupam Amod, Aditi Banerjee||4:17|
|3.||"Morchang"||Mayur Puri||Rajasthani Folk Artists, Shweta Pandit||4:20|
|4.||"Tell Me O Kkhuda"||Sunidhi Chauhan||4:54|
|5.||"Mile Na Tu"||Sunidhi Chauhan, Anupam Amod||4:22|
|6.||"Janasheen"||Mayur Puri||Shreya Ghoshal||5:00|
|7.||"Someone Somebody" (Remix)||Mayur Puri||Anushka Manchanda||3:42|
- Nahta, Komal (22 July 2016). "Tell Me O Kkhuda Review". koimoi.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- Taran Adarsh. "Tell Me O Kkhuda - Movie Review". bollywoodhungama.com. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "Hema remaking Mama Mia?". The Times Of India. 6 October 2009.
- "Tell Me Oh Khuda's preview". Bollywood Hungama. 15 July 2011. Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- "Tell Me O Khuda: Oh for God's sake...". Rediff. 27 October 2011. Retrieved 2016-09-02.
- "Salman does cameo appearance in Tell Me O Kkhuda". Bollywood Hungama. 26 July 2011. Retrieved 26 July 2011.
- "Box Office Tell Me O Kkhuda". 26 July 2011. Retrieved 26 July 2011.