Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon|
Original Poster by Saul Bass
|Directed by||Otto Preminger|
|Produced by||Otto Preminger|
|Screenplay by||Marjorie Kellogg|
|Based on||Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon
by Marjorie Kellogg
|Music by||Philip Springer|
|Edited by||Henry Herman
Dean O. Ball
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
The film stars Liza Minnelli as the title character Junie Moon, a girl whose face is scarred in a vicious battery acid attack by her boyfriend (Ben Piazza). Later in an institution, she meets a man with epilepsy (Ken Howard), and a gay paraplegic who uses a wheelchair (Robert Moore). Disabled, but not down, they live together in an older, rented house and bond, determined to prove themselves and to help each other.
Unlike Liza Minnelli's previous film, 1969's The Sterile Cuckoo, which was a triumph artistically and financially, as well as netting Minnelli an Oscar nomination as Best Actress, Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon was a quick and resounding failure with critics and at the box office. It was virtually forgotten. Minnelli's next film two years later, Cabaret, would not only win her the Academy Award but also establish her as a superstar. Olive Films announced in 2016 that it would release the film on DVD and Blu-ray for the first time on August 16, 2016.
- Liza Minnelli as Junie Moon
- Ken Howard as Arthur
- Robert Moore as Warren
- James Coco as Mario
- Kay Thompson as Miss Gregory
- Fred Williamson as Beach Boy
- Ben Piazza as Jesse
- Emily Yancy as Solana
- Leonard Frey as Guiles
- Clarice Taylor as Minnie
- James Beard as Sidney Wyner
- Julie Bovasso as Ramona
- Gina Collens as Lila
- Barbara Logan as Mother Moon
- Nancy Marchand as Nurse Oxford
- Lynn Milgrim as Nurse Holt
- Ric O'Feldman as Joebee
- James D. Pasternak as Artist
- Angelique Pettyjohn as Melissa
- Anne Revere as Miss Farber
- Elaine Shore as Mrs. Wyner
- Guy Sorel as Dr. Gaines
- Wayne Tippit as Dr. Miller
- "Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved March 23, 2016.
- Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon at www.rogerebert.com
- "Liza Minnelli's TELL ME THAT YOU LOVE ME, JUNIE MOON to Debut on Blu-ray". Broadway World. Retrieved August 10, 2016.
- "LIZ SMITH: Tell Me That You Love Me". New York Social Diary. Retrieved August 10, 2016.
- "Festival de Cannes: Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon at the Internet Movie Database
- Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon at AllMovie
- Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon at the TCM Movie Database
- Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon at the American Film Institute Catalog
|This article about a comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|