Telltale Texas Hold'em
|Telltale Texas Hold'em|
|Designer(s)||Brendan Q. Ferguson
|Release||February 11, 2005|
Telltale Texas Hold'em is a poker video game released by Telltale Games. It was their first game and is so far the only of two games by Telltale Games to use solely original characters rather than licensed ones, the other being Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent. The game was insinuated by Telltale Games before release when they stated that they would release a mini game or two before the announcement of their first adventure game. Telltale Texas Hold'Em was released by Telltale to examine the benefits of digital distribution. The game would serve as the basis for Telltale's other poker games, Poker Night at the Inventory and Poker Night 2.
Boris Krinkle looks very much like Leonard Steakcharmer, a minor antagonist/character in Sam & Max Save the World and Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space. This fact is mentioned by both Theodore in Telltale Texas Hold'em and by Max in Sam & Max Save the World.
- "Telltale & AG open shop, band on character". The International House of Mojo. 2005-02-07. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Introducing: The AG Store!". Adventure Gamers. 2005-02-11. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- "How Evil Dead, Venture Bros. and Borderlands ended up at the poker table". Polygon. 2013-05-07. Retrieved 2013-05-29.
- Indie Game of the Month, PC Zone, July 2005
- Official Telltale Texas Hold'em website
- Telltale Texas Hold'em at MobyGames
- Telltale Texas Hold'em on Internet Movie Database
|This article about a video game released for personal computers is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|