Teluk Air Tawar
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Teluk Air Tawar
|District||North Seberang Perai|
|• Local government||Majlis Perbandaran Seberang Perai
(Seberang Perai Municipal Council)
|• Tuan Yang DiPertua MPSP||Maimunah binti Mohd. Sharif|
|• Tasek Gelugor Member of Parliament||Shabudin Yahya (UMNO)|
|• Teluk Air Tawar State Assemblyperson||Jahara binti Hamid (UMNO)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC+8)|
|• Summer (DST)||Not observed (UTC)|
|International dialling code prefix||+6043 (landline only)|
Teluk Air Tawar is a small town north of Butterworth in North Seberang Perai district and south of the Kepala Batas district in Penang, Malaysia. Teluk Air Tawar means "freshwater bay" in the Malay language. This seaside town has a scenic view of George Town, Penang and Penang Island across the sea.
This town is located along the Malaysia Trunk Road 1. People here will arrive Sungai Petani town faster which is the largest city in Kedah for marketing. People here is also located in the middle of the Alor Setar-Ipoh highway. The Bertam exit is the north bound exit while the Sungai Dua exit is the south bound of the main road.
The town is home to the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) base. There has been some residential neighbourhood nearby such as Taman Seri Senangan, Taman Pewira, Taman Robina, Taman Teluk Molek, Taman Pahlawan and Taman Aman Bayu. The postcode of the town is 13050 Butterworth.
- 10 kilometres from Hentian Sebelah Tikam Batu (Tikam Batu Side Stop)
- 45 kilometres from Gurun Rest Area
- 95 kilometres from Hentian Sebelah Kepala Batas
- 42 kilometres from Sungai Juru Rest Area
- 65 kilometres from Hentian Sebelah Sungai Bakap
- 87 kilometres from Hentian Sebelah Alor Pongsu
The Hentian Sebelah Sungai Muda's washrooms are very clean. It is a crowded Side Stop during the peak seasons.
- "Malaysia: largest cities and towns and statistics of their population". World Gazetteer. Retrieved 2010-10-31.