New South Wales
Location in NSW
|Population||6,071 (2015 est)|
|• Density||2.1667/km2 (5.6116/sq mi)|
|Area||2,802 km2 (1,081.9 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Cr. Rick Firman (Unaligned)|
Temora Shire is a local government area in the Riverina region of New South Wales, Australia. It is on Burley Griffin Way. The Shire was created on 1 January 1981 via the amalgamation of Narraburra Shire and the Municipality of Temora.
Current composition and election method
Temora Shire Council is composed of nine councillors elected proportionally as a single ward. All councillors are elected for a fixed four-year term of office. The mayor is elected by the councillors at the first meeting of the Council. The most recent election was held on 10 September 2016 and the makeup of the Council is as follows:
|Independents and Unaligned||9|
The current Council, elected in 2016, in order of election, is:
|Rick Firman OAM||Unaligned||Mayor|
|Graham Sinclair||Unaligned||Deputy Mayor|
- "3218.0 – Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2014–15". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- Temora Shire Council, Current Councillors, retrieved 7 October 2016
- "Temora Shire Council". Department of Local Government. Retrieved 1 December 2006.
- "Past Presidents/Mayors". Temora Shire. Temora Shire Council. Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- "Temora Shire Council: Summary of First Preference and Group Votes for each Candidate". Local Government Elections 2016. Electoral Commission of New South Wales. 17 September 2016. Retrieved 7 October 2016.
|This Riverina geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|