Template:Did you know
next DYK update: Saturday, 19 August 2017 00:30 (UTC)
Earliest time for |
Current time: Friday, 18 August 2017 07:56 (UTC)Last updated: 7 hours ago. (verify · reset · purge)
- ... that Abebe Bikila (pictured) set a world record winning the 1960 Men's Olympic marathon, running barefoot?
- ... that Presidents Warren G. Harding and Franklin D. Roosevelt each created a Federal Real Estate Board?
- ... that Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist David Wood has called Heather Booth "one of the nation's most influential organizers for progressive causes"?
- ... that the woodpecker has special adaptations to avoid damaging its brain while pecking and drumming?
- ... that L. Fidelia Woolley Gillette was one of the first women to be ordained as a Universalist minister in the United States, and the first woman ordained of any denomination in Canada?
- ... that KFKU, the AM radio station of the University of Kansas, ceased operations because its time-share partner went silent due to financial difficulties?
- ... that French composer Pascal Dusapin wrote the English libretto for his opera Faustus, the Last Night, which premiered in Germany in 2006?
- ... that the codename assigned to U.S. Senate president pro tempore James Eastland by the Central Locator System was "FOURFINGER"?