Template:Did you know
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|next DYK update: Tuesday, 18 December 2018 00:00 (UTC)
Earliest time for |
Current time: Monday, 17 December 2018 13:20 (UTC)Last updated: 80 minutes ago. (verify · reset · purge)
- ... that the mace pagoda (pictured) was twice presumed extinct, but in each case reappeared in its natural habitat from seed after a wildfire?
- ... that Canadian radio and sports personality Jack Devine ended his broadcasts on CJBQ by saying: "To play a sport, you must be one"?
- ... that an airplane carrying an emergency shipment of blood plasma for victims of the Lackawanna Limited wreck landed on a runway illuminated by automobile headlights?
- ... that Brazilian musicologist Helza Cameu was the first to write about many types of indigenous instruments in Portuguese?
- ... that Slovak paramilitary groups that collaborated with Nazi Germany participated in the two largest massacres in Slovakia during World War II?
- ... that Aurelia Henry Reinhardt was the longest serving president in the history of Mills College?
- ... that a 2017 ruling of the Supreme Court of India stated "There is no room for absolutism and there is no room for anarchism also" in the governance of Delhi?
- ... that in 1961, the surgeon Charles Rob successfully used his shirt to repair an aortic aneurysm?