- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Allen3 talk 15:00, 25 January 2012 (UTC)
1858 Christiania fire
- Reviewed: Hikari Minami, Riho
Created/expanded by Oceanh (talk). Self nom at 23:43, 22 January 2012 (UTC)
- The hook fact needs to be cited. Can one of the existing citations back it up? Otherwise, you'll need to find another. – Muboshgu (talk) 00:45, 25 January 2012 (UTC)
- The hook fact is backed up in both references. I added the specific page number in Hammer 1923 which gives the estimated number of 1,000 people being homeless due to the fire. The hook fact is also backed up in the much shorter notice of the fire in Arstal & Just (cited in the lead section). Oceanh (talk) 01:16, 25 January 2012 (UTC)
- Great. I just meant that the sentence itself needed a citation directly after it, in case I wasn't clear enough, and you've supplied it. Assuming good faith for the offline and foreign language sources, this meets all DYK criteria. – Muboshgu (talk) 02:09, 25 January 2012 (UTC)