- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Yoninah (talk) 19:02, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
1992 Troy vs. DeVry men's basketball game
Created by Jrcla2 (talk). Self nominated at 14:42, 6 May 2014 (UTC).
- I really like the article, but I am slightly concerned with the close paraphrasing of the hook fact. Compare:
- The scoring pace was so insane that it took seven statisticians 57 minutes to compile the final box score.
- ->The pace of the game was so fast that it took seven statisticians 57 minutes to finalize the box score after the match ended.
- This does not appear to be a significant problem, as I checked a checked a number of sentences and found only one other problematic:
- It took Troy a full 54 seconds to register its first bucket.
- ->it took Troy State 54 seconds to score their first basket
- I imagine it was just an oversight in these two cases. Please tweak those two sentences and then the article will be good to go. --ThaddeusB (talk) 20:12, 20 May 2014 (UTC)
- Fixed. Jrcla2 (talk) 03:29, 21 May 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks. Article length, date, and compliance with policy check out. First hook is very interesting and has been verified by provided inline citation. --ThaddeusB (talk) 21:20, 24 May 2014 (UTC)