- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Cwmhiraeth (talk) 05:48, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
Alex Rae (rugby union)
2x expanded and sourced (BLP) by The C of E (talk). Self nominated at 08:36, 14 July 2014 (UTC).
- Reliable source, valid date, good hook and valid length. '''tAD''' (talk) 12:30, 14 July 2014 (UTC)
- I only count 1,496 characters of prose. Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 15:27, 14 July 2014 (UTC)
- @Ritchie333: I counted more but have added more to it to bring it above for your count. The C of E God Save the Queen! (talk) 21:07, 14 July 2014 (UTC)
- - Yes, that's okay now. Hook is cited to this BBC sport source, claiming he joined as captain, but played for the Wasps in the previous season. Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 10:12, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
- Ritchie333, did you check the sources for close paraphrasing? Also, the hook seems a little flat. Yoninah (talk) 23:43, 16 July 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, I did. In future, I would advise giving specific evidence of copyright violations, such as the report I linked to here. A random "did you search for paraphrasing" is not helpful or productive, I'm afraid. Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 07:36, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
- Restoring tick for review by Ritchie333. Yoninah (talk) 22:00, 20 July 2014 (UTC)