- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by BlueMoonset (talk) 00:01, 23 January 2013 (UTC)
Anna Curtenius Roosevelt
- Comment: This BLP has been expanded five fold in the last 24 hours.
Expanded by Alanscottwalker (talk). Self nom at 02:29, 7 January 2013 (UTC)
- Expanded six-fold, well cited thoughout, neutral, &c. AGF for offline source of hook. Ready to speak softly and go far. Moonraker (talk) 16:47, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks. Actually, Google Books has this part (and I mangled the quote slightly by leaving off the "s" at the end of "achievement.") Fixed now. Linked now, in the cite, in the article. Mea culpa. I'm very glad you mentioned that. Alanscottwalker (talk) 21:46, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
- Hook query I think the hook needs attention. Surely you can't excavate a civilization? And to what does "one of the outstanding indigenous cultural achievements" actually refer? Cwmhiraeth (talk) 13:44, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
- Does studied work better? Alanscottwalker (talk) 13:49, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
- Also, we could change out civilization for society, as that's the sense it is being used in this hook. The quote refers to the Marajoara culture (an rather undeveloped article). Alanscottwalker (talk) 14:24, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
- Its very close to the 200 word limit for hooks so how about: - Cwmhiraeth (talk) 18:03, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
- OK - Alanscottwalker (talk) 19:32, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, this is better. Now ready to go. Moonraker (talk) 11:00, 21 January 2013 (UTC)