- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Rcsprinter (speak) 15:10, 5 February 2012 (UTC)
- ALT1:... that Shackles was the first Indonesian novel to portray a prostitute sympathetically?
- ALT2:... that Balai Pustaka refused to publish Shackles because it considered the novel immoral?
- Comment: A little longer than most of my offerings. Hope nobody minds.
Created/expanded by Crisco 1492 (talk). Self nom at 05:46, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
- Date is fine, and length is more than 8x the requirement. ALT2 is confirmed to a source; primary hook and ALT1 are AGF as foreign language sources. (I prefer the primary, but I think they're all strong.) Spotchecks to the English-language sources reveal no evidence of copyvio. Kudos on this tremendous addition, and from what I can see, it seems likely to steamroll through GAC as well. Cheers, Khazar (talk) 12:34, 5 February 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for the review! Fingers crossed on GAC. If this passes GAC, it will be my third GA on an Indonesian novel after Sitti Nurbaya and Saman. Crisco 1492 (talk) 13:56, 5 February 2012 (UTC)