- The following is an archived discussion of Birendra Nath Datta's DYK nomination. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page; such as this archived nomination"s (talk) page, the nominated article's (talk) page, or the Did you know (talk) page. Unless there is consensus to re-open the archived discussion here. No further edits should be made to this page. See the talk page guidelines for (more) information.
The result was: promoted by Hawkeye7 (talk) 19:05, 13 March 2013 (UTC).
Birendra Nath Datta
Created/expanded by Titodutta (talk), Bishnu Saikia (talk). Self nominated at 21:02, 11 March 2013 (UTC).
- New enough, and just long enough, but the language is somewhat POV ("reknowned", "meritorious") and there's a lot of extraneous verbiage - it could be made much shorter with a bit of copyediting. Principal source is an interview hosted on what appears to be a personal webpage; another source is his publisher's blurb; neither of these look like they meet the WP:GNG requirements to me. Talkpage is not BLP tagged despite the page being a BLP. Hook is good, although I'd suggest a slight rewording as follows: ALT "... that Indian folklore researcher Birendra Nath Dutta received the Padma Shri, India's fourth highest civilian award, in 2009?" to bring the word count down a little. Yunshui 雲水 14:45, 12 March 2013 (UTC)
- Talk page has been tagged, adjectives have been removed, that site of Saikia and team is a reliable site for Assamese culture and has been used in other Wikipedia articles too, the ALT looks good! --Tito Dutta (contact) 05:04, 13 March 2013 (UTC)
- I asked an Aasemese language Wikipedia editor for citation help, he has done some works and moved the page to Birendra Nath Datta. Should we move the nomination page accordingly? --Tito Dutta (contact) 07:04, 13 March 2013 (UTC)
- I have added Bishnu Saikia's name in the list of contributors! --Tito Dutta (contact) 07:07, 13 March 2013 (UTC)
- Good stuff. I'll take your word for it regarding the Saikia site; it looks a bit dubious to me but I'm happy to defer to editors with more experience of Assamese topics. One major issue (that I didn't note above, my apologies) remains; the fact cited in the hook isn't actually directly referenced in the article (easiily fixed, since it's mentioned in the Tribune source and (less usefully) in his publisher's bio). Checked the image, looks legit. Yunshui 雲水 08:01, 13 March 2013 (UTC)
- Which part- a) he was a folklore researcher or b) he received Padma Shri? --Tito Dutta (contact) 08:12, 13 March 2013 (UTC)
- Since the Padma Shri is the point of the hook, that's the bit that needs a direct ref. Yunshui 雲水 08:30, 13 March 2013 (UTC)
- I have added a citation in support! --Tito Dutta (contact) 08:35, 13 March 2013 (UTC)
- I'm happy enough with that. AGF on the Saikia source, good to go. Yunshui 雲水 08:52, 13 March 2013 (UTC)