- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Crisco 1492 (talk) 14:38, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
Bromley War Memorial, Bromley Parish Church Memorial
- Comment: Started Bromley War Memorial on 31 March in draft space, moved to article space on 1 April; started Bromley Parish Church Memorial today 2 April in draft space, moved today 2 April to article space. So using 1 April date for combo nom.
Created/expanded by ACP2011 (talk). Self nom at 19:32, 2 April 2012 (UTC)
- Both articles are new enough and long enough. The sources seem satisfactory, the hook is appropriately referenced and the image appropriately licenced. With regard to close paraphrasing, the Duplicate Detector does not seem to work with pdf files. However, - "... during heavy bombing in which a number of churches were either destroyed or damaged," is rather too close for comfort to " ... during a night of heavy bombing in which many local churches were destroyed or damaged". Similarly " ... had long been a place where the people of Bromley promenaded." and " ... had long been a place where the residents of Bromley promenaded", is too close. These are just examples. Cwmhiraeth (talk) 10:20, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for your review. I will go back through both articles this morning and revise any sections where the wording is too close to the original sources. Anne (talk) 11:21, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
- I went back this morning (14 April, which would apparently be afternoon 14 April Wikipedia time) and revised or deleted any sentences with paraphrasing that was too close, for both articles. I've reviewed seven articles in the last week. You can have your pick since I haven't had any successful DYK noms in almost two weeks (I didn't know about the 5 DYK nom rule). I could use two of the most recent for the two Bromley memorials: Template:Did you know nominations/Edgar L. Perry and Template:Did you know nominations/Solidago villosicarpa. Please let me know whether there's anything else I need to do for the two memorials. Thank you. Anne (talk) 04:53, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for your review. Anne (talk) 13:30, 15 April 2012 (UTC)