- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Allecher (talk) 22:41, 22 May 2013 (UTC)
Bruce MacKinnon (cartoonist)
Created by Verne Equinox (talk). Self nominated at 13:28, 12 May 2013 (UTC).
- interesting article and subject, long enough. Sorry, I get a error message when I want to see ref #1. It's title, best political cartoonist, should show in the article, I think. Please place inline citations after key facts such as his studies. (They are there, just show where.) The hook is acceptable, but how about his honorary (source says so) doctorate? or best political cartoonist? If you want clicks to his article, get his name in front in the hook ;) --Gerda Arendt (talk) 19:38, 16 May 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for constructive comments. Changes made, plus see alt hook.Verne Equinox (talk) 05:18, 18 May 2013 (UTC)
- For ALT2, you would need an inline citation right behind the first degree. What do you think of concentrating on the second degree and the 25 years, somewhat quirky, and about mentioning the well-known newspaper? --Gerda Arendt (talk) 14:30, 20 May 2013 (UTC)
- You got the idea, no shorten. Do we need "award winning" if we have the doctorate? Do we need "Canadian" if we have the paper and university with links? Do we need "alma mater" that not every reader will know? My approach, please polish:
- ALT4 ... that Bruce MacKinnon, cartoonist for the Chronicle Herald, received an honourary doctorate from NSCAD University, twenty-five years after he left it without a degree?
- I still think "Best Political Cartoonist" is worth mentioning in the article, --Gerda Arendt (talk) 17:46, 20 May 2013 (UTC)
- I agree with the simplification. I have also added the "Best Political Cartoonist" citation of the article. Thanks!Verne Equinox (talk) 20:08, 20 May 2013 (UTC)
- quirky ALT4, as agreed above, --Gerda Arendt (talk) 20:46, 20 May 2013 (UTC)