- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by PFHLai (talk) 18:53, 2 July 2012 (UTC)
- ... that minor league baseball umpire Bull Perrine was assaulted on the field twice within two weeks in 1905?
Created/expanded by EricEnfermero (talk), Penale52 (talk). Nominated by EricEnfermero (talk) at 06:14, 1 July 2012 (UTC)
- The only thing holding this back is that the line "In that same year, he umpired in Cy Young's 500th career win." needs to have a citation. I took the liberty of linking the article in the hook. Nominator/coauthor has had less than 5 DYKs, so no QPQ review required. Miyagawa (talk) 19:22, 1 July 2012 (UTC)
- Done. Does the hook need editing? ALT1 ... that baseball umpire Bull Perrine was attacked on the field twice during minor league games in April 1905? Whatever you guys think would make the sentence the least awkward. EricEnfermero | Howdy! 20:26, 1 July 2012 (UTC)
- The alt is much better. Good to go with it. Miyagawa (talk) 23:29, 1 July 2012 (UTC)