- The following is an archived discussion of Carl Timoleon von Neff's DYK nomination. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page; such as this archived nomination"s (talk) page, the nominated article's (talk) page, or the Did you know (talk) page. Unless there is consensus to re-open the archived discussion here. No further edits should be made to this page. See the talk page guidelines for (more) information.
The result was: promoted by Carabinieri (talk) 04:17, 22 February 2013 (UTC).
Carl Timoleon von Neff
Created by Yakikaki (talk). Self nom at 22:49, 16 February 2013 (UTC).
- I'm a little uncomfortable with the similarity of some sentences in the article with the sources. E.g, "as a portraitist and painter of extremely popular bathers and nymphs" is directly from source. I've noticed others too, which I'll be happy to point out if wished. I think this just needs some reworking to distance it from the source material a little more, and then it will be fine. Julia\talk 21:34, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- Hi, thanks for the feedback! I've tried reworking the text a bit away from the sources now, and I'd be happy if you'd like to take a look and say what you think; have I missed anything? Cheers Yakikaki (talk) 16:47, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
- Good work - it's not as close to the sources now and I also think it reads better. :) I added another reference for the hook fact. Julia\talk 21:50, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
- Article well-written with a nice hook fact. Sources check out, and article is DYK eligible. Good to go. Julia\talk 21:54, 18 February 2013 (UTC)