- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Allen3 talk 19:14, 22 June 2013 (UTC)
Das neugeborne Kindelein, BWV 122
5x expanded by User:Nikkimaria (talk). Nominated by Nikkimaria (talk) at 23:52, 27 May 2013 (UTC).
- I inserted a comma. I fail to see why a Christmas cantata should presented now. Pentecost (BWV 74) seems strange enough.
I try to expand the one for next Sunday, BWV 39, but will probably be told we have too many ;) --Gerda Arendt (talk) 23:24, 28 May 2013 (UTC)
- Unlike something like WP:OTD, there's no date relevance requirement, and waiting till then will put this well past the "recently expanded" rule. Besides, every day is Christmas ;) Nikkimaria (talk) 23:52, 28 May 2013 (UTC)
- I agree with "Everyday is Christmas". I don't agree with the "moral hangover", taken from the line (the first line about the music!) "Despite the celebratory occasion, the piece offers listeners a "moral hangover" after the possible overindulgence of the holidays." Excuse me, I don't believe this is factual and encyclopedic. There is no "celebratory occasion" on the Sunday AFTER Christmas (for which the cantata was written, which the hook doesn't tell us). It's a normal Sunday, look at the Christmas Oratorio: 6 parts, 5 with brass, one without, the one for the ordinary Sunday. The instrumentation tells you something if you listen ;) --Gerda Arendt (talk) 11:49, 29 May 2013 (UTC)
- Article is sufficiently expanded. However, I have reworded the article slightly; the "moral hangover" is now (I hope more correctly) indicated as one writer's view, not definitive. So I would suggest this:
- But as I've edited the article and suggested a revised hook, someone else will have to complete the review. BencherliteTalk 18:46, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
- Everything looks to be in order to me. --TKK bark ! 13:48, 22 June 2013 (UTC)