- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Allen3 talk 13:01, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
Created/expanded by Dr. Blofeld (talk), Gerda Arendt (talk). Nominated by Gerda Arendt (talk) at 14:13, 11 October 2012 (UTC)
- While it may be true, this appears to be OR/synthesis. The comment is not to be found in the immediate reference provided nor in the several links on the page.
Incidentally, Barke is not mentioned on the University of Hannover page so would suggest doing that and perhaps providing a better inline ref for above statement. Djflem (talk) 20:18, 11 October 2012 (UTC)
- If you want to express that a hook seems unsupported, please don't use the symbol that says the article is unacceptable. I will look for a different hook. You please look at the University article where Barke is listed as the president in the infobox. The article was created 4 days ago, not by me. I nominated today in a rush because I don't know if I would get to it tomorrow, the last day for the 5-day limit. I would like it longer, do you see why? - For the moment:
- ALT1: ... that Erich Barke (pictured), professor of microelectronic systems and since 2005 president of the the University of Hannover, was elected as president for a second term? (note that - mentioning 2005 - we can't use today's correct name of the university because it was only given in 2006) --Gerda Arendt (talk) 20:31, 11 October 2012 (UTC)
Info in ALT 1 is found in external link but not inline reference. Can it be moved?Djflem (talk) 20:13, 12 October 2012 (UTC)
- done - I found more info that I would like to add, but have no time until next week, - now external links, --Gerda Arendt (talk) 21:41, 12 October 2012 (UTC)
- Date/inline reference check out. Article is about 1600. Would be preferable for additional info mentioned above to be incorporated into article b4 bringing to DYK. Djflem (talk) 06:38, 20 October 2012 (UTC)
- Article has not been updated; action needed soon. BlueMoonset (talk) 15:23, 1 November 2012 (UTC)
- added, sorry I forgot about him over this ;) --Gerda Arendt (talk) 00:20, 2 November 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks, Gerda. Review needed now that material has been added to confirm that article is ready per comments above. (Now over 2100 prose characters.) BlueMoonset (talk) 00:32, 2 November 2012 (UTC)
- OK, I think we're good to go with this one. ALT1 hook is of acceptable length (I've tweaked it slightly for grammatical purposes). Sources are good, length and date are fine. Reasonably well written, though it needed a few improvements which I've made. Overall it's pretty creditable and I'm happy to sign it off. Prioryman (talk) 08:56, 6 November 2012 (UTC)