- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Yoninah (talk) 16:07, 21 April 2019 (UTC)
Rosales in March 2019
... that Venezuelan journalist Fabiana Rosales (pictured) is travelling through the Americas to raise support for her husband, Juan Guaidó? Source: "Rosales is trying to drum up international support for Venezuela's beleaguered opposition with highly publicized tours of neighboring countries." 
- Reviewed: Julie Packard
- Comment: The photograph with Trump might be more relevant.
Created by Surtsicna (talk). Nominated by Surtsicna (talk) at 17:01, 3 April 2019 (UTC).
- Article new and long enough, everything well referenced. Hook cited but doesn't really strike me as interesting, nor does it really get across the situation at hand. Added ALT1 for someone to review. Kingsif (talk) 18:41, 3 April 2019 (UTC)
- One of the issues is that virtually no one is going to know who she is. The hook needs to get across the point that she is widely recognized as the first lady of Venezuela, but that the situation is rather complicated because of the muddied election results there. Sorry, I don't have a solid idea about how to phrase this, however! A loose necktie (talk) 09:50, 5 April 2019 (UTC)
- I don't care for ALT1, as it does even less to address loose necktie's concern than the original proposal. I have added ALT2. SandyGeorgia (Talk) 13:03, 5 April 2019 (UTC) @Surtsicna, Kingsif, and A loose necktie: SandyGeorgia (Talk) 13:08, 5 April 2019 (UTC)
- I think we're missing the point of DYK, though, that it's supposed to highlight new articles about people and things many users won't know about and then to give an interesting fact to compel the users to read more on the topic. It's explicitly not to give a summary of who/what people/things are. Some context may be useful, but if her biggest notability is the LatAm tour, that shouldn't be the DYK unless there is nothing else interesting. Perhaps, though the hook should introduce her as "the partially-recognized First Lady of Venezuela" rather than just "a Venezuelan journalist"? @A loose necktie, SandyGeorgia, and Surtsicna: Kingsif (talk) 15:18, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
- I have never gotten the "point of DYK", so ... :) :) I was beaten into using the "partially recognized" wording once, and I think it's awful: do we recognize her from the waist down, or the waist up? SandyGeorgia (Talk) 15:20, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
- The waist up, presumably. @SandyGeorgia: I was going to say "somewhat recognized", but assumed that wording be even more despised. How about "disputed", though I don't think Cilia is really about to fight her. Kingsif (talk) 16:13, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
- Better! SandyGeorgia (Talk) 16:21, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
- How about "the would-be first lady of Venezuela"... but what's a "would-be first lady"?? Hm. How about, "the widely recognized though disputed first lady..."? I kinda like that one! @SandyGeorgia, Surtsicna, and Kingsif: A loose necktie (talk) 20:07, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
- I fear that any version of calling her or him anything will raise screams of POV from BOTH sides; that's why my suggested hook didn't call either of them anything related to presidency. SandyGeorgia (Talk) 21:19, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
- And that is one of the reasons I prefer ALT2. The other is that it is the most interesting one. Surtsicna (talk) 22:11, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
Calling for another reviewer, with reference to discussion of hooks above. Kingsif (talk) 12:24, 13 April 2019 (UTC)
- ALT2 by far the best. I made minor changes to the article. How do you feel about an infobox? - This would be best on 22 April - her birthday - with the image, but we'd need a DYK miracle. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 21:35, 17 April 2019 (UTC)
- I think/hope my views on infoboxes are well known, and hope we are not going to have that discussion on a DYK template page. Please do not impose infobox views here. Thank you, SandyGeorgia (Talk) 22:48, 17 April 2019 (UTC)
- We do not speak the same language I feel. I asked the nominator how they feel about it. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 07:13, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
- I created the article with an infobox but then removed it in the hope that it would allow us to have more photographs. The article is too small for an infobox to make a difference anyway, and an infobox can cause troubles in this case because of the dispute about whether she is First Lady of Venezuela or not. Surtsicna (talk) 08:28, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you for explaining. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 09:51, 18 April 2019 (UTC)