- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by — Crisco 1492 (talk) 06:15, 30 March 2014 (UTC)
... that in a career with London's Royal Ballet lasting over 50 years, Gerd Larsen made her final appearance on her 75th birthday?
Created by Edwardx (talk), Victuallers (talk). Self nominated at 00:23, 20 March 2014 (UTC).
- Interesting story on good sources, offline accepted AGF. Cute hook! Alternative wording of the same, to get her in sooner:
... that Gerd Larsen made her final appearance in 50 years with London's Royal Ballet on her 75th birthday? --Gerda Arendt (talk) 18:27, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- hook is fine with me, thx Victuallers (talk) 18:49, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- Fine with me too. Edwardx (talk) 22:09, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- Something's not quite right with the ALT1 wording. I'd like to suggest a further reshuffle, while retaining the earlier article placement:
- ALT2: ... that Gerd Larsen made her final appearance with London's Royal Ballet on her 75th birthday, after a career there of over half a century?
- (Note: "half a century" can be replaced by "50 years" if preferred.) I like the word "career", and think it has specificity that adds to the hook. —BlueMoonset (talk) 01:43, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
- fine with me, thank you, --Gerda Arendt (talk) 08:21, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you BlueMoonset. That's even better - the power of collaborative editing! Edwardx (talk) 10:55, 29 March 2014 (UTC)