- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: rejected by BlueMoonset (talk) 03:55, 26 May 2020 (UTC)
Article was deleted at AfD; closing as unsuccessful since no article remains.
Created by Rhododendrites (talk). Self-nominated at 02:28, 9 May 2020 (UTC).
|Hook: Hook has been verified by provided inline citation
Overall: Good to go. Very intriguing hook. ~~ CAPTAIN MEDUSAtalk 11:31, 10 May 2020 (UTC)
- Hi, I came by to promote this, but for a biography, there's no biographical information here. I added her education. The lead is also too short; it reads like a news article, not an encyclopedia entry. Frankly, it seems to fail WP:1E. Yoninah (talk) 23:06, 13 May 2020 (UTC)
- @Yoninah: BLP1E is something I was concerned about as I was writing it. The reason I started in the first place is that I figured if the poisoning story got coverage in some top shelf sources, it was likely there would be some kind of sourcing about her other work. ...But then I couldn't find it. I've posted a request for help at WT:WIR FYI. — Rhododendrites talk \\ 23:50, 13 May 2020 (UTC)
- @Yoninah: I'm not sure where to go with this. A couple people have added little bits to the article, but I'm not sure how much more there is. I haven't found anything else myself. It's definitely borderline in terms of notability, but at this point, I feel like it should probably either go to AfD to resolve that definitively or be promoted. What do you think? — Rhododendrites talk \\ 03:05, 15 May 2020 (UTC)
- I looked in Newspapers.com and only find the 2018 news report about her being poisoned. I think our last option is to ask Reidgreg if there's any more about her or her exhibitions in the Canadian press. Yoninah (talk) 10:19, 15 May 2020 (UTC)
- I didn't find any news results before her 28 November 2018 "memoir" piece in Toronto Life, which was picked up internationally, and nothing after December 2018. There are some opinion pieces that suggest her story raised awareness, but nothing that I feel could be used. I searched a couple dozen artist websites, Ontario Society of Artists, Toronto Art Council, Sculptor Society of Canada, some Jewish artists' and sculptors websites, and gallery websites. All I found was a bare mention Genser, Gillian at government directory Artists in Canada. – Reidgreg (talk) 13:25, 15 May 2020 (UTC)
- Article was deleted at AfD; closing nomination as article no longer exists. BlueMoonset (talk) 03:55, 26 May 2020 (UTC)