- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by NorthBySouthBaranof (talk) 00:49, 5 June 2013 (UTC)
Golden Eagle Regional Park
- Comment: Not a particularly strong article but a good first DYK nomination I suppose. Thanks. Also, the 'hook' could incorporate the 1.4 million square feet figure somehow.
Created by Phaedrx (talk). Self nominated at 21:44, 22 May 2013 (UTC).
- The article is 1,143 bytes in prose size, below the 1,500-character minimum. When you expand, bloating the article with similar info is not good for this nomination. --George Ho (talk) 05:26, 26 May 2013 (UTC)
- oh, in that case expanding probably won't be a problem. Did not know that minimum, thanks for the heads up. I'll probably be able to expand without stretching acceptability. --Phaedrx (talk) 20:15, 26 May 2013 (UTC)
I am using the "convert" template for everybody, just in case. By the way, it won't read "million", so I used just Arabic numbers. --George Ho (talk) 20:43, 26 May 2013 (UTC)
- I don't know how to measure prose bytes but the article may be past that minimum now. --Phaedrx (talk) 22:00, 26 May 2013 (UTC)
- Not quite; the prose size is 1,485 bytes, fifteen bytes short. If you overbloat it with trivial info or similar info... I don't mind, but that could increase risk of rejecting the nomination. But I'm still waiting for a little more expansion. --George Ho (talk) 23:14, 26 May 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks, perhaps the newest expansion suffices. Tried to keep it relevant. Added the stadium infobox, inserted the picture into it. Tried to stick to encyclopedic facts such as the year 2000 NV state voter approval for a bond system to fund the park, and the '09 official state Assembly document that contains a quote of an official city estimate of one million annual visitors to the park etc. Also added few things such as solar power for the lights, stdium-sized bleachers and the large concession area --Phaedrx (talk) 23:20, 27 May 2013 (UTC)
Now it has passed the 1,500-character minimum by containing 2.2 kB in prose. --George Ho (talk) 00:51, 28 May 2013 (UTC)
- New enough, long enough, no policy violations. The hook is sufficiently interesting and could run as written now, though I'd prefer rewording: "that the Golden Eagle Regional Park, in Sparks, Nevada, is the sports complex with the most..." --BDD (talk) 20:47, 4 June 2013 (UTC)