- The following is an archived discussion of Gunnies's DYK nomination. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page; such as this archived nomination"s (talk) page, the nominated article's (talk) page, or the Did you know (talk) page. Unless there is consensus to re-open the archived discussion here. No further edits should be made to this page. See the talk page guidelines for (more) information.
The result was: promoted by Allecher (talk) 18:26, 24 February 2013 (UTC).
- ... that miners cautiously used a long iron rod when they thought they were near a house of water?
- Comment: Will need to be held until its AfD is resolved.
5x expanded by Smalljim (talk). Self nominated at 14:53, 17 February 2013 (UTC).
- Looks like the AFD decision was to keep so I think this is ready to be reviewed now. Chamal T•C 05:39, 21 February 2013 (UTC)
- Meets the creation date and size requirements. Article is very well referenced, with a direct reference to the hook fact. Looks good to go. I updated the project templates on the talk page from stub to start, but the article is better than a start class (I'm just not familiar enough with the work of those projects to say how good, that's all). Miyagawa (talk) 09:39, 24 February 2013 (UTC)