- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by PFHLai (talk) 17:24, 1 January 2014 (UTC)
J. H. Hobbs, Brockunier and Company
Created by TwoScars (talk). Nominated by Caponer (talk) at 03:13, 6 December 2013 (UTC).
- There's a lot of repetition of "glass" in the hook, obviously some of it is necessary but maybe some could go? I've come up with this, but open to other suggestions;
- ALT1 ... that J. H. Hobbs, Brockunier and Company (works pictured) developed an improved formula for lime glass that enabled American manufacturers to produce high-quality glass at a lower cost? --Bcp67 (talk) 19:22, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
- BCP, you're absolutely right about there being too much "that" in the original hook, therefore I prefer your ALT1. Thank you for the suggestion! --Caponer (talk) 20:58, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
- Full review needed of article and of ALT1 hook. BlueMoonset (talk) 07:07, 21 December 2013 (UTC)
- This article is new enough and long enough. The hook is sourced and the image is in the public domain. Going with ALT1. Cwmhiraeth (talk) 13:48, 1 January 2014 (UTC)