Template:Did you know nominations/Jennifer Holloway
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- ... that Jennifer Holloway portrayed Grete in Schreker's Der ferne Klang at the Frankfurt Opera as a girl, a queen of the demimonde and an old woman, with a brilliant high register and still a warm timbre? Source: several critics agree on it
- Reviewed: Katie Bouman
- Comment: ... when the opera was performed 107 years afterits premiere there - too long for the hook
- Not going to review, adding Alt hooks; Gerda, there certainly are broadly interesting facts about plenty of the articles you nominate, but you only write hooks that try to summarise things and are full of jargon. You may have noticed most DYK hooks do not do that. Perhaps you could veer into trivia more when writing hooks? Kingsif (talk) 18:12, 20 April 2019 (UTC)
- ALT1: ... that Jennifer Holloway has mostly worked in Germany, despite starting her career in Georgia?
- ALT2: ... that in 2012 Frédéric Chaslin wrote an entire song cycle specifically to be performed by Jennifer Holloway?
- No, I can't, trivia, I mean when it comes to people I admire. Many American singers make their career in Germany, there are simply more opera houses in Germany, - nothing personal about her. And a little song cycle is nothing compared to the demanding role in which she has to convince as a girl in first love and an old woman. How is that "jargon"? --Gerda Arendt (talk) 23:00, 20 April 2019 (UTC)