- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Hawkeye7 (talk) 21:08, 22 May 2012 (UTC)
Created/expanded by Skater (talk). Self nom at 13:27, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
- Looks good to go, hook is directly cited and the article meets the other criteria as far as I can see. Miyagawa (talk) 13:11, 20 May 2012 (UTC)
- According to the article he was only the first defensive tackle at Michigan State to be named a first team All-American since 1971. Also, the hook should probably mention when he received that title, since this wouldn't be so impressive if it was in 1972.--Carabinieri (talk) 16:47, 20 May 2012 (UTC)
- ALT1:... that in 2011 Green Bay Packers rookie Jerel Worthy became the first defensive tackle from Michigan State to be named a first-team All-American since 1971?
- Long enough for ya :p?--SKATER Is Back 17:58, 20 May 2012 (UTC)
- Striking out original hook for reasons expressed by Carabinieri. As soon as someone reviews the ALT1 hook, I imagine this will again get the coveted tick mark, but new hooks need that review. BlueMoonset (talk) 18:43, 20 May 2012 (UTC)
- I'm fine with ALT1, though I'd propose rephrasing it slightly so that those unfamiliar with American college football will understand what it's about:
- That sounds good to me.--SKATER Is Back 18:02, 21 May 2012 (UTC)