- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by BlueMoonset (talk) 16:19, 30 August 2012 (UTC)
John P. Bennett
Created/expanded by Loriski (talk). Self nom at 05:37, 21 July 2012 (UTC)
- ALT 1 ... that John P. Bennett was the first Amerindian to be ordained as a priest in Guyana, and the author of An Arawak-English Dictionary (1989)?
- ALT 2 ... that John P. Bennett, the Arawak priest and linguist, wrote An Arawak-English Dictionary at a time when the Arawak language was thought to be near extinction in Guyana?
- Comment: If possible, it would be great if this could be used on 1st September, or thereabouts - the beginning of Amerindian Heritage Month in Guyana. Loriski (talk) 10:38, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
- New enough, long enough, hooks interesting and short enough (my personal preference is ALT2), consistent inline citation style, clearly written, no obvious copyvios (good faith assumed with respect to paywalled and print sources). -- Trevj (talk) 11:29, 8 August 2012 (UTC)