- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by — Crisco 1492 (talk) 23:21, 28 May 2013 (UTC)
LIM-49 Nike Zeus
- ... that the US Army's Nike Zeus (pictured) was cancelled when serious questions arose over its ability to shoot down the enemy ICBM warheads it was designed to attack?
Created by Maury Markowitz (talk). Self nominated at 11:51, 3 May 2013 (UTC).
- Article new enough, long enough. Not fully referenced. Has insufficient citations tag. No QPQ done. Beautiful image that I'd like to use on the front page. On commons, so okay. Hook sourced to a broken link. So I've supplied a new link for it. You need to fix the other referencing problems. Hawkeye7 (talk) 20:38, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
- The cite-need tag is actually transcluded from another article. Simply remove tag? Out of curiosity, which is the broken link? I gather all the cites in the last couple of days, they should all be live. And yeah, cool pic eh? Got lucky with that one! Maury Markowitz (talk) 20:55, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
- Ideally, a reference to the source of the date in the table. It's okay to just put a note down the bottom like:
- Source:Markowitz (2013), p. 137
- The broken ref is 23, "From Project Thumper to SDI"], Airpower Journal. You can view all your links here. Again, the article should really be fully referenced. Do you want me to put "citation required" tags on all the spots that need references? Hawkeye7 (talk) 22:28, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, I have fixed up the references. A new reviewer is required. Hawkeye7 (talk) 23:59, 17 May 2013 (UTC)
- Date and length check out with no sign of close paraphrasing or plagiarism. Image is on Commons with an appropriate license for the main page. Referencing is also good, especially with the work that Hawkeye7 has done. My only slight quibble is that as I read through the references discussing the cancellation there seemed to be a lot more emphasizes on the costs being a big driver towards the decision to pull the plug on the project. The article does a great job explaining the circumstances and the interplay between the costs, the tech becoming outdated and other logistical concerns, but I do think the hook should also list the costs as part of the "serious questions". So I recommend using the slightly modified ALT below. Otherwise it is good to go. It's a great article and I learned a lot while reviewing it. AgneCheese/Wine 22:51, 27 May 2013 (UTC)
- Alt1 ... that the US Army's Nike Zeus (pictured) was cancelled when serious questions arose over its costs and ability to shoot down the enemy ICBM warheads it was designed to attack?