Template:Did you know nominations/Lilian Benningsen
Jump to navigation Jump to search
... that Lilian Benningsen, a singer at the Bavarian State Opera for decades, created the role of Carolina in Henze's Elegie für junge Liebende at the 1961 Schwetzingen Festival?Source: several, mostly Kutsch/Riemens but they have the year wrong.
- ALT1:... that Lilian Benningsen, a singer at the Bavarian State Opera for decades, appeared as Carolina in the world premiere of Henze's Elegie für junge Liebende?
ALT2:... that Lilian Benningsen, who became a singer at the Bavarian State Opera for decades after her guest appearence as Verdi's Eboli, was Carolina in the world premiere of Henze's Elegie für junge Liebende?
- Reviewed: Mandy Moore (choreographer)
- Comment: The original hook is professional, the second for those who can't imagine what "create a role" means, and the third adding Eboli which must have been quite sensational, according to sources. If a date connection is wanted: DOD 12 June.
- I'm going to suggest a new hook here, letting another reviewer decide if it's good enough for DYK or not. I've also struck ALT0 and ALT2 as being too long and too complicated (and ALT0 uses the "created the role" terminology which consensus has determined is not appropriate for DYK purposes), keeping ALT1 as a hook that is direct to the point and explaining the main hook fact in a concise manner.
- I am aware that you are not fond of hooks that mention the Kammersängerin term, but you have to understand that this is a mostly-unfamiliar term to non-opera audiences, and a mention of it in this form would be a good idea to introduce it to new readers. In addition, the statement "Her grave is in the Waldfriedhof in Gauting" lacks a footnote. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 15:25, 12 June 2019 (UTC)