- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by PFHLai (talk) 05:27, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
Miguel Ángel Mancera
... that while Miguel Ángel Mancera (pictured) worked as attorney general of Mexico City, crime in the city decreased 12%, while the national crime level rose 10.4%?
- ... that, according to official reports, while Miguel Ángel Mancera (pictured) worked as attorney general of Mexico City in 2010–2011, crime in the city decreased 12%?
Created/expanded by Scottbp (talk). Nominated by Tbhotch (talk) at 20:27, 5 July 2012 (UTC)
- QPQ done. Hook properly formatted. New and long enough at time of nomination. Image has acceptable copyright.
- Article is not completely sourced. Fact tags added to make identifying these uncited facts easier. Concerns that lots of things appear unsourced and this was gotten around sourcing wise by putting it into list format when prose would have made more sense. Hook is not supported by an inline citation in the article. Also, concerned about neutrality of this hook because not sure the connection between the two: It appears aimed at making the national government bad. Article doesn't make clear that Mancera is actually responsible for this. --LauraHale (talk) 10:04, 7 July 2012 (UTC)
Fully source article. Propose alternative hook. Work to make article more neutral by better connecting facts to Mancera based on sourced materials. --LauraHale (talk) 10:04, 7 July 2012 (UTC)
- Let me see what I can do for the article. For the hook, the reference is from CNN. Another alternative may be that he is the virtual Head of Government of the Federal District after the last government election, defeating the second place with 3x more votes that then second place. If none of them are OK, let me see if I manage to find more information and if possible a new fact. Tbhotch.™ Grammatically incorrect? Correct it! See terms and conditions. 21:46, 7 July 2012 (UTC)
- That's fine. My concern was POV because the connection was not made obvious in the text. Without the connection to what he did, or saying something like "CNN attributed the crime drop to Mancera", it comes off as unrelated factoids being used to bolster his profile. That's where neutrality for me is the major issue. Ping me on my talk page when addressed so I can check again. --LauraHale (talk) 22:55, 7 July 2012 (UTC)
- Finally, I finished expanding it. I added a new DYK suggestions. Tbhotch.™ Grammatically incorrect? Correct it! See terms and conditions. 20:29, 14 July 2012 (UTC)
Checked article for sourcing, neutrality and hook accuracy. Good to go for ALT2
as all are supported by article and sorce and are neutral enough. Movers choice. --LauraHale
) 20:38, 14 July 2012 (UTC)