- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Orlady (talk) 13:40, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
Pindar's First Olympian Ode
Created/expanded by Maculosae tegmine lyncis (talk). Self nom at 07:59, 10 July 2012 (UTC)
- Hook: Short enough, interesting, AGF on citation, image is okay.
- Article: New enough, long enough, interesting. AGF on offline and foreign language citations.
- Summary: Good to go! — Crisco 1492 (talk) 10:00, 11 July 2012 (UTC)
- Pulled from queue for concerns over image. — Crisco 1492 (talk) 01:05, 14 July 2012 (UTC)
- And just as well: I misread 12 August above as 12 July and promoted it in error. We have at least three weeks to further investigate this image or find another one for the phorminx. BlueMoonset (talk) 03:40, 14 July 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks both; I AGFd on the image too, but have switched with this replacement, explicitly referenced as a phorminx in the revised image caption; I guess no matter if it runs before the games, Maculosae tegmine lyncis (talk) 10:14, 14 July 2012 (UTC)
- New image is a detail from an image on Commons that appears in the article. BlueMoonset (talk) 14:18, 14 July 2012 (UTC)