- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Hassocks5489 (Floreat Hova!) 13:12, 22 January 2014 (UTC)
Progressive Primitive Baptists
Created by Davsum (talk). Nominated by Pigsonthewing (talk) at 10:52, 29 December 2013 (UTC).
- Not the review. Question (or two) here for article creator and new Wikipedia editor Davsum, whose user page says he is a pastor of a Primitive Baptist Church.
- FYI - an article's lead paragraph is supposed to sum what is elsewhere in the article. So, I think it would be beneficial if you could expand (and source) in the body of the article this: "The word Progressive refers to their inclusion of musical instruments, bible studies, youth camps, mission and charity organizations that are rejected by other factions of Primitive Baptists, often referred to as “old line” or old school”." I'm not making this any requirement for passing the DYK - just saying it would make the article more informative.
- Curiosity - I thought all Primitive Baptist pastors are called "Elder" Is your being called "pastor" part of the difference in the two?
- — Maile (talk) 22:48, 29 December 2013 (UTC)
- This article is new enough and long enough. Although there is more information in the lead than is customary, that is not a bar to DYK. The hook is sourced to an offline publication and is accepted in good faith. Cwmhiraeth (talk) 13:58, 21 January 2014 (UTC)