- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by BlueMoonset (talk) 06:02, 19 November 2012 (UTC)
Created/expanded by KAVEBEAR (talk). Self nom at 23:57, 15 November 2012 (UTC)
- Fascinating article. Would you consider breaking this article up into sections, e.g., "Early career", "Governor of Hawaii", "Death"?
- If the article is divided up, it would benefit from a strong summary intro.
- Where was Kipi born and educated? Prburley (talk) 13:35, 18 November 2012 (UTC)
- The sources do not say.--KAVEBEAR (talk) 18:42, 18 November 2012 (UTC)
- I broke it up to the version you said but to me the paragraphs and information look too short and it didn't look right? I changed instead to "Life and career" and "Death and legacy". A summary intro would basically take away from an article of this size.--KAVEBEAR (talk) 18:49, 18 November 2012 (UTC)
- Looks great to me. Prburley (talk) 21:54, 18 November 2012 (UTC)
- Note: at the time of promotion, the "from 1874 to 1879" portion of the hook was changed to "in 1874", which is supported by the article. There doesn't appear to have been a five-year appointment by the King in the sources, but that Kipi died in office in 1879, which is reflected in the article. BlueMoonset (talk) 06:02, 19 November 2012 (UTC)