- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Yoninah (talk) 13:38, 15 October 2019 (UTC)
Shuping Wang in 2017
- ... that the medical researcher Shuping Wang (pictured) may have saved tens of thousands of lives by defying authorities and exposing an HIV scandal in China? Source: "Shuping Wang: Whistleblower who exposed HIV scandal in China ... potentially saving tens of thousands of lives" 
"Shuping Wang, a medical researcher who defied Chinese authorities in the early 1990s..." 
- ALT1:... that the medical researcher Shuping Wang (pictured) was fired and beaten by health officials but persisted in exposing an HIV scandal in China? Source: "Wang spoke out, but she was attacked, lost her job and had her clinic vandalised." 
- Reviewed: Alois Ickstadt
- Comment: Hopefully this can be featured on what would have been Wang's 60th birthday, 20 October.
Created by Masem (talk) and Surtsicna (talk). Nominated by Surtsicna (talk) at 12:03, 28 September 2019 (UTC).
- @Masem and Surtsicna: Both of the articles' images have been tagged as "no permission". ミラP 20:40, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
- Article is new enough, long enough, neutral, and well referenced. Both hooks are interesting and supported with inline sources. I prefer ALT0 as it highlights her contributions. QPQ is done. No copyvio issues. Image still needs OTRS permissions, and I hope they'll be submitted soon. Otherwise the nomination is fine without the image. -Zanhe (talk) 04:55, 29 September 2019 (UTC)