- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Cwmhiraeth (talk) 06:32, 20 November 2016 (UTC)
- ... that Soledad Alatorre, known for her labor activism and advocacy of civil rights, worked as a model for bathing suits? Source: Latinas in the United States, p 36: "...Alatorre remains politically active. She maintains a prominent role in Chicano/Latino communities...like many individuals in the movement for labor and civil rights, Alatorre championed community efforts..."
- ALT1:... that ...? Source: "You are strongly encouraged to quote the source text supporting each hook" (and [link], or briefly cite, the source)
Created by Vanamonde93 (talk). Self-nominated at 06:53, 1 November 2016 (UTC).
- The article was moved to the mainspace on 1 November, less than 7 days before the nomination. It is long enough. It is neutral and uses inline citations. I assumed good faith for the offline source. "At the age of 27, Alatorre migrated to the United States with her husband and sister" in the article seems to closely paraphrase "At the age of twenty-seven Alatorre immigrated to the United States with her husband and sister" in the Latinas in the United States source. The hook is cited. The quote provided does not verify that she worked as a model for bathing suits, but it is verified by "... began a career working as a bathing-suit model ..." on page 35 of Latinas in the United States. The hook is neutral and does not focus unduly on negative aspects of living persons. The nominator has done QPQ. The link to Greater Los Angeles in the "Personal life" section needs to be disambiguated. Gulumeemee (talk) 06:49, 18 November 2016 (UTC)
- Gulumeemee, thanks for the review. I have fixed the issues you raised. Regards, Vanamonde (talk) 08:07, 18 November 2016 (UTC)
- The article is good to go now. Gulumeemee (talk) 08:14, 18 November 2016 (UTC)