- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by feminist (talk) 03:33, 23 March 2019 (UTC)
Sumiko Hennessy, Asian Pacific Development Center
- ... that Sumiko Hennessy, a co-founder of the Asian Pacific Development Center in Denver, Colorado, has enlightened corporate executives about Asian cultures and "stress management Asian-style"? Source: "Hennessy embarked upon a project close to her heart in October 1980 when she helped establish the Asian Pacific Development Center–a place where Asian-Pacific immigrants can seek help in dealing with trials of life in America. ... Dr. Hennessy raises money herself by giving lectures and offering courses for area businesses and the public. These programs (which include courses in understanding Asian cultures, stress management Asian-style, and doing business in Asia) are marketed to large corporations..." ()
Created by Yoninah (talk). Self-nominated at 20:10, 23 February 2019 (UTC).
- Doing... starting review for both nominations. Flibirigit (talk) 04:16, 9 March 2019 (UTC)
Sumiko Hennessy review
|Hook: Hook has been verified by provided inline citation
Overall: Created February 21, and nominated with seven days. Length and sourcing are adequate. Article is neutral in tone. No plagiarism detected. Any areas highlighted by the Earwig tool were proper nouns. Hook is cited as per link provided via Google books. QPQ requirements met. Article is a pass, pending second review. Flibirigit (talk) 04:30, 9 March 2019 (UTC)
Asian Pacific Development Center review
- Cited: N - ?
Overall: Article created and nominated on the same day. Length and sourcing are adequate. Article is neutral in tone. No plagiarism detected. QPQ requirements met. Hook does not appear to be completely mentioned in this article. I do not see Hennessy being a co-founder, or the raising of funds by lecturing corporate executives about Asian cultures and stress management Asian-style. Flibirigit (talk) 04:40, 9 March 2019 (UTC)
- Comment: Flibirigit, all of the facts in a double hook do not need to be mentioned in both articles; it is enough that the hook facts are sourced in at least one of the articles. In this case, for example, you wouldn't necessary mention all of the co-founders in the APDC article, but it would be pertinent to Hennessy's article, and that's where it is stated and sourced. BlueMoonset (talk) 06:36, 9 March 2019 (UTC)
- I have posted my questions regarding the above comment at WT:DYK. I am unsure if there is a consensus on whether to continue. Flibirigit (talk) 18:04, 13 March 2019 (UTC)
- accepting hook as per comments at WT:DYK. Flibirigit (talk) 14:43, 15 March 2019 (UTC)