- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by 97198 (talk) 03:34, 18 July 2014 (UTC)
The International 2014
Created by Samwalton9 (talk). Self nominated at 17:04, 9 July 2014 (UTC).
- New (8th), long enough, neutral, no copyvio found via spot check, QPQ not done yet. The infographic that I imagine would confirm the hook isn't loading for me. Perhaps there's a source for the hook with the Super Bowl reference in the prose? The GameSpot article (written by an intern) took it from The Verge. Please ping me if I don't respond. czar ♔ 03:45, 10 July 2014 (UTC)
- Some close paraphrasing in the last sentence could be corrected czar ♔ 03:50, 10 July 2014 (UTC)
- Have you considered adding an image from a previous event (e.g., File:TheInternational2012.jpg? czar ♔ 04:00, 10 July 2014 (UTC)
- Czar. Close paraphrasing should be fixed with the move to previous tense. I couldn't find a source with that info in the prose - the table shows a simple bar chart of the prize pools with TI4 above the Super Bowl. It could be changed to "...larger than that of the 2014 Masters Tournament?" if you prefer, the Verge article has that and in prose. I considered that image but with it being a different venue, and the image already being in the main TI article, I don't think it's necessary. Hopefully we'll get some free images from the event to use soon. Sam Walton (talk) 11:02, 13 July 2014 (UTC)
- QPQ good, and not a big deal about Super Bowl vs. Masters—the former is better known. I used another browser and the hook checks out. NOTE to closer: I'd try to rush this one while the event is still live czar ♔ 03:54, 14 July 2014 (UTC)
- Rushing actually isn't such a big deal since there are no games between tomorrow and Friday - the main event starts then. Sam Walton (talk) 06:40, 14 July 2014 (UTC)
- NOTE to closer: I know nothing about Dota 2 and this hook would be best for Friday czar ♔ 06:49, 14 July 2014 (UTC)