- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by PumpkinSky talk 13:54, 11 May 2012 (UTC)
The One Hundredth
ALT 1: ... that Lisa Kudrow's childbirth was filmed for the Friends episode, "The One Hundredth" (1998)? (Per Lemonade51, this hook is incorrect and struck out.)
- ALT 2: ... that the childbirth scenes of Phoebe Buffay in the Friends episode "The One Hundredth" was a mixture result of dolls, childbirth scenes, and real-life triplets coated with grape jelly instead of vernix?
- ALT 3: ... that Marta Kauffman, co-writer of 1998 Friends episode, "The One Hundredth", considered the idea of a mother's surrogacy to triplets of her brother and sister-in-law never done on television before?
- ALT 4: ... that Lisa Kudrow's pregnancy was accommodated for the surrogate pregnancy of her Friends character, Phoebe Buffay, until childbirth of triplets in the 1998 episode, "The One Hundredth"?
- ALT 5: ... that several members of the audience were surprised that the fictional setting of the 1998 Friends episode, "The One Hundredth", was a hospital instead of a usual location, like Central Perk?
- ALT 6: ... that the Friends writers of 1998 episode "The One Hundredth" scrapped out the earlier idea of Phoebe adopting one of her brother's triplets in favor of her farewell to all triplets?
- ALT 7: ... that Marta Kauffman watched a video of her cousin's childbirth to prepare for the labor and birthing scenes of the 1998 Friends episode, "The One Hundredth"?
- ALT 8: ... that Joey's "childbirth" to kidney stones in 1998 Friends episode, "The One Hundredth", was needed as a subplot and researched by the writers to parallel Phoebe's childbirth to the triplets?
- Reviewed: Truth and Justice (Afghanistan)
- Comment: This nomination was posted at the time of "banner construction" and of one empty section ("Cultural references").
Created/expanded by Lemonade51 (talk), George Ho (talk). Nominated by George Ho (talk) at 20:50, 21 April 2012 (UTC)
- I've added more hooks, and I wonder which one is more interesting to reviewers. --George Ho (talk) 21:48, 21 April 2012 (UTC)
- ✓ Erased Lisa Kudrow from ALT 2. Also, massively changed ALT 5. — Preceding unsigned comment added by George Ho (talk • contribs) 23:24, 21 April 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: this could be a good one for Mother's Day (May 13th). ▫ JohnnyMrNinja 23:23, 1 May 2012 (UTC)
- I must agree. ADMINS: Please reserve one of hooks for one of the Mother's Day queues (May 13) if you can. --George Ho (talk) 04:35, 2 May 2012 (UTC)
- I've moved the article to the holding area. I think that ALT2 has the best real-world context and is the most interesting, but it is longer than 200 characters. I'm suggesting ALT9. ▫ JohnnyMrNinja 21:27, 4 May 2012 (UTC)
- ALT 9: ... that Phoebe Buffay's childbirth scenes in the Friends episode "The One Hundredth" were created using actual childbirth footage, dolls, and real-life triplets coated with grape jelly?
- - I moved this back up so that someone notices it needs a review still. Hopefully before Mother's Day▫ JohnnyMrNinja 04:13, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
- Article was 5x expanded around April 17th, is sourced enough and ALT 9 is sourced AGF to an offline reference. Should be moved to the Mother's Day queue -- Esemono (talk) 08:42, 8 May 2012 (UTC)